6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
March 30, 2019, 6:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
After listening to Jolley's interview on the M67 it's clear that he's either told JT not to question the 'system' or JT is being too delicate. Our wing backs hardly ever take on the last defender, simply playing tippy tappy near the touchline or recycling backwards.
Vernam looks to attack the box but has to start from deep. Supply to front men is dire.
Again, the opposition attack the space behind our wing backs requiring CB's to cover. Even with the right players, this system needs forwards and midfield to move with some fluidity. Movement, control and passing were woeful.
JT is giving Jolley an easy ride but at least probed enough to get MJ to say that he may need to be 'ruthless' in deciding who has done enough to be at the club next season.
77O fans deserved much more leadership and commitment today. A certain degree of feeling sorry for ourselves during and after the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
gobby
March 30, 2019, 7:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Why did they interview Jolley on the M67?😂😎
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 30, 2019, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Croxton
After listening to Jolley's interview on the M67 it's clear that he's either told JT not to question the 'system' or JT is being too delicate. Our wing backs hardly ever take on the last defender, simply playing tippy tappy near the touchline or recycling backwards.
Vernam looks to attack the box but has to start from deep. Supply to front men is dire.
Again, the opposition attack the space behind our wing backs requiring CB's to cover. Even with the right players, this system needs forwards and midfield to move with some fluidity. Movement, control and passing were woeful.
JT is giving Jolley an easy ride but at least probed enough to get MJ to say that he may need to be 'ruthless' in deciding who has done enough to be at the club next season.
77O fans deserved much more leadership and commitment today. A certain degree of feeling sorry for ourselves during and after the game.

Have you ever know JT give any manager a hard time?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
RichMariner
March 30, 2019, 7:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
Yeah, just a really frustrating game to watch. By no means were we awful, but again, by full time we’re dealing with another defeat in which we can’t score.

I guess it’s easy to criticise the system but our strikers are just feeding off scraps. We looked good in possession but lack ideas in the final third.

It’s like we counter or just die a death passing it round while getting nowhere fast.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
Croxton
March 30, 2019, 7:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

True enough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
FishOutOfWater
March 30, 2019, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
We had a good chance to take the lead before their first

We came pretty close on two occasions to getting the equaliser

The only thing that really disappointed me today was the manner they scored their second goal - it looked way too easy (but that was from the view we had of it from the other end of the ground to where it went in )

All in all I’m not too despondent with what I saw. IF ( maybe that should be a big if ) we’d scored from any of the several chances we had, then the outcome could well have been different

Maybe Jolley is a bit too conservative with this style of play but he can’t be taken to task for the players not putting the ball in the net when the opportunity arises

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 57
horsforthmariner
March 30, 2019, 7:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I've heard him give Hurst and Slade a hard time maybe he's giving Jolley some latitude as the matches are now basically friendlies for town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
headingly_mariner
March 30, 2019, 7:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
We are pretty toothless. We try really hard but just lack a bit of star quality throughout our side.
Recently the starting 11 lacks creativity and Vernam should start. I am worried that Ring might not have the quality to be a starting player at this level.

Also I hate Oldham’s keeper, stunning save from Ohman who i had £15 on to score at 40/1  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
Northbank Mariner
March 30, 2019, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
First 44 minutes we actually looked good and made Oldham look nothing more than ordinary, then for some unknown reason Davis and RHJ swapped sides and they started to destroy down us the right flank!!...
Hate to say it but Ring looks nowhere near quick enough to be a wing back, lacks pace and very seldom puts a decent ball into the box(exception with the whipped ball in that cardwell was unlucky not to get a toe on)..
All in all we've better quality in this squad than last season but needs some serious adjustment in midfield to mount a challenge for promotion next season..
And, dare I say this, macca needs to realise his feet aren't glued to the byeline on crosses!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
arryarryarry
March 30, 2019, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Croxton
After listening to Jolley's interview on the M67 it's clear that he's either told JT not to question the 'system' or JT is being too delicate.
Our wing backs hardly ever take on the last defender, simply playing tippy tappy near the touchline or recycling backwards.

I agree especially the highlighted part.

Overall I thought two poor sides and in the second half apart from one flurry in their box we were pretty dreadful.

What worries me about MJ is that he spends far too much time analysing the game and worrying about the opposition rather than letting them worry about us.

Too many players today that need to be replaced for next season, with this current squad I don't think we are anywhere near being play-off contenders.

On our current form we could end up with less points than last season and that would certainly have me questioning whether MJ has got what it takes to manage at this level.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.