Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from sydney
Can MJ tell us what he was trying to achieve there second half
Clueless
Very Poor

By my reckoning that's the 16th time in the league this season that we've failed to score. That's clearly not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
Mrs Doyle
March 30, 2019, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Can not remember a game this season where we have totally bossed it possession or otherwise this does not give you hope for next season. . we had a decent run between the bad runs this got us out of jail.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
scott_gtfc_89
March 30, 2019, 5:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Like someone said we have been pretty poor since Xmas apart from 3-4 games that we won/drew in a row, this is since we went to the formation 3-5-2 and if I remember right didn’t we play 3-5-2 at start of season when we had that poor start?

Seems tour form was way better when we played 4-4-2 upto we had that great run into Xmas and had us dare dreaming of making the play offs..

I see the problem here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
moosey_club
March 30, 2019, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Like someone said we have been pretty poor since Xmas apart from 3-4 games that we won/drew in a row, this is since we went to the formation 3-5-2 and if I remember right didn’t we play 3-5-2 at start of season when we had that poor start?

Seems tour form was way better when we played 4-4-2 upto we had that great run into Xmas and had us dare dreaming of making the play offs..

I see the problem here

Pretty sure we haven't played 4-4-2 at all....that run before Xmas was 4-5-1.... Thomas was definitely on his own up top.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
Tradjazz
March 30, 2019, 6:07pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Not looking good for next season.

Season ticket sales will be awfully slow with no doubt an increase in price.

I might be wrong but isn't playing football all about scoring goals!

Our opponents have more clean sheets than the Holiday Inn!

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 70
chaos33
March 30, 2019, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
If you look at our stats, they are dreadful, especially offensively. We don't have one midfielder who has an impressive set of goals and/or assists, our strikers are way below par if you take Thomas out. We just look substandard in all aspects.
I like Jolley a lot and I have faith in him, but he has got a lot of work to do to build a squad that will compete for the play offs next season. No exaggeration, aside from our keeper, there aren't really any others that you'd be desparate to keep. Defence, midfield and up front requiring massive upgrades for me. The recent form and dearth of goals and threat is a huge disappointment for me and I can't see how we might sustain any sort of spectator intetest in the remaining games this season. Just very poor.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
March 30, 2019, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from chaos33
If you look at our stats, they are dreadful, especially offensively. We don't have one midfielder who has an impressive set of goals and/or assists, our strikers are way below par if you take Thomas out. We just look substandard in all aspects.
I like Jolley a lot and I have faith in him, but he has got a lot of work to do to build a squad that will compete for the play offs next season. No exaggeration, aside from our keeper, there aren't really any others that you'd be desparate to keep. Defence, midfield and up front requiring massive upgrades for me. The recent form and dearth of goals and threat is a huge disappointment for me and I can't see how we might sustain any sort of spectator intetest in the remaining games this season. Just very poor.

Not sure what to make of it really. We have had the odd time when it looked like it might be coming together, but I have said many times that we hardly get into the box as I sit expectantly in the Pontoon when we are at home, and on the sofa when we are away.

We need an injection of money for the playing budget, or we are always likely to be well short. We have gone through hundreds of players without ever getting the best 11 together at the same time, and we actually seem to be going backwards again despite having a settled squad with many of them signed up for next season and beyond.

Let us hope that 3 or 4 QUALITY players can help it all come together next season.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
scott_gtfc_89
March 30, 2019, 6:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

Pretty sure we haven't played 4-4-2 at all....that run before Xmas was 4-5-1.... Thomas was definitely on his own up top.

I remember Cardwell playing a lot round Christmas upfront with Thomas but anyway..

451 / 442 whatever it was it worked better than this bloody 352 we’re playing,

On a good day we make it look really good, when the wingbacks appearing in the box and RH when his playing CB but that’s like 1 in every 3-4 games and it’s not good enough it isn’t working with the players we’ve got,

Hopefully MJ has some players on the shortlist that can make it work next season if we are sticking by it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
chaos33
March 30, 2019, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
We must need 6 - 8 players of better quality than we have. We'll need to invest some money and move some on, and not show sentiment about that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham Athletic away from home thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.