6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
lobsterpot
March 31, 2019, 7:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Also MOTM and slotted a great through ball in for a peno that Ben Davies smashed home, whilst wearing Max's spare boots may i add!
The lad is desperate to play for town. He's been here since aged 9 and got over 2 broken ankles. He is the 1st on the training ground and the last off it. He plays in reserve games when struggling with cuts and bruises when asked whereas certain other 'superstars' say no thanks when theyre asked to play!. He volunteers to clean the boots. The B team take on the 1st team in training and the majority of the time he and Akheem batter, bruise, skin and beat the 1st team into defeat by playing a different way whereas the 1st team must stay in Jolleys shape obvs. He can't do anymore to get a recall. He's just does not fit into the way Jolley wants the team to play and it's pretty gutting to know that he has nearly given up hope. We will end up losing him to another medeocre club where he will shine if given the chance which is a real shame. Jolley will go, we will still be here, yet another local lad, few and far between, may not make it through no fault of his own. It's ok trusting in Jolley, he knows what he is doing etc but it doesnt always mean he is right, he is just implementing what he believes in. Fingers crossed he succeeds. Similar to what someone said earlier, Max is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2019, 8:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,651
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from lobsterpot
Also MOTM and slotted a great through ball in for a peno that Ben Davies smashed home, whilst wearing Max's spare boots may i add!
The lad is desperate to play for town. He's been here since aged 9 and got over 2 broken ankles. He is the 1st on the training ground and the last off it. He plays in reserve games when struggling with cuts and bruises when asked whereas certain other 'superstars' say no thanks when theyre asked to play!. He volunteers to clean the boots. The B team take on the 1st team in training and the majority of the time he and Akheem batter, bruise, skin and beat the 1st team into defeat by playing a different way whereas the 1st team must stay in Jolleys shape obvs. He can't do anymore to get a recall. He's just does not fit into the way Jolley wants the team to play and it's pretty gutting to know that he has nearly given up hope. We will end up losing him to another medeocre club where he will shine if given the chance which is a real shame. Jolley will go, we will still be here, yet another local lad, few and far between, may not make it through no fault of his own. It's ok trusting in Jolley, he knows what he is doing etc but it doesnt always mean he is right, he is just implementing what he believes in. Fingers crossed he succeeds. Similar to what someone said earlier, Max is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A good prospect, maybe you need to meet with MJ and discuss.

Point worth making if we recalled the players we have out on loan when their hosts still mathematically have a chance of promotion clubs wouldn’t take our youngsters going forward.

As much as Town are playing a role in developing the likes of Embleton we need clubs to take our prospects too.

Max has a deal, he’s clearly a really good player he’ll get his chance 100%.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
Abdul19
March 31, 2019, 8:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
If his deal was up at the end of the season, I'd have been a bit annoyed to see his loan extended. But as Herts says, he's under contract, so I don't see the harm in letting him see out the year where he is. Jolley must rate him, he gave him a 2 year deal.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
Mrs Doyle
April 1, 2019, 4:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
At the end of the day with our meagre budget getting these young players into the side is:

A) The only way we are going to make any progress.

B) If he does well he would be an investment for the club able to generate extra income when clubs come sniffing around.

This is how it as always been here.

Jolley knows all about investments and assets at least that much is certain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
Jarmo.Is.God
April 1, 2019, 11:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from HertsGTFC

A good prospect, maybe you need to meet with MJ and discuss.

Point worth making if we recalled the players we have out on loan when their hosts still mathematically have a chance of promotion clubs wouldn’t take our youngsters going forward.

As much as Town are playing a role in developing the likes of Embleton we need clubs to take our prospects too.

Max has a deal, he’s clearly a really good player he’ll get his chance 100%.

Spot on!

He is in a team, challenging for promotion, 5 points off play-offs with 5 games to play, and he's playing football.

What good is it, coming back to us, not starting, in a team with nothing to play for? makes no sense to me at all.

Akheem Rose, 18? years old.
Since the turn of the year, there has been 1260 minutes of league football played without added time, Rose has played 99mins of that...

I think Wright is benefiting a lot more than Rose is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
jimgtfc
April 1, 2019, 1:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,011
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Spot on!

He is in a team, challenging for promotion, 5 points off play-offs with 5 games to play, and he's playing football.

What good is it, coming back to us, not starting, in a team with nothing to play for? makes no sense to me at all.

Akheem Rose, 18? years old.
Since the turn of the year, there has been 1260 minutes of league football played without added time, Rose has played 99mins of that...

I think Wright is benefiting a lot more than Rose is

Akheem is 21 in November.

Completely agree with you, no point in coming back to sit on the bench or even in the stands. Physical condition and development needs to play a part more than age. It’s clear Max is a slight lad and playing regularly the last 2 years will have taught him how to ride challenges and deal with physical players. By all accounts he’s been excellent for Boston as he was for Scarborough last season. Hopefully he can come back in July and show Jolley what a winger is!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2019, 2:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from jimgtfc

Akheem is 21 in November.

Completely agree with you, no point in coming back to sit on the bench or even in the stands. Physical condition and development needs to play a part more than age. It’s clear Max is a slight lad and playing regularly the last 2 years will have taught him how to ride challenges and deal with physical players. By all accounts he’s been excellent for Boston as he was for Scarborough last season. Hopefully he can come back in July and show Jolley what a winger is!

My understanding from what I've been told is that the club are currently looking for Max to go out on loan until January before reassessing. I've seen him play for Boston a few times this season but on Saturday he was the standout player. His goal of was a poachers finish, he always looked to get his cross off but his through ball that led to the penalty was great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
Abdul19
April 1, 2019, 2:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Seems bonkers* that they'd take that decision before this season has finished.

*to me, who basically knows nothing about how these things work

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
oochiad
April 1, 2019, 3:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Just wait and see what happens before you start badmouthing Jolley. If I was Boston’s manager and Jolley recalled Max now at this point of the season I’d be fuming, he’s doing a great job there and needs to finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.