3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 23, 2019, 11:15pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Be careful what we wish for  

"Mark Porter, chairman of the Port Vale Supporters Club has called owner Norman Smurthwaite a “disgrace” after his extraordinary decision to put the club into administration if an acceptable buyer is not found.

Port Vale owner Smurthwaite says the club will be put into administration if a takeover deal cannot be completed by May 5th."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Madeleymariner
March 24, 2019, 7:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Best part is, there is a local buyer lined up (They have already made offers) but they want him to sell all parts of the club, but it has been split into 2 companies and he wants to hold onto the infrastructure which includes a large swathe of land (Bycars) alongside it which could easily become a site to build hotel/houses and also the kiosks on match day. .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
dapperz fun pub
March 24, 2019, 10:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Mark Porter, chairman of the Port Vale Supporters Club has called owner Norman Smurthwaite a “disgrace” after his extraordinary decision to put the club into administration if an acceptable buyer is not found.

Port Vale owner Smurthwaite says the club will be put into administration if a takeover deal cannot be completed by May 5th."

I’m wishing for a new stadium and somebody who can push the club on like I have been for the last 20 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Helgy
March 24, 2019, 4:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118

He's put in a fair bit £1.5 million and wants to get it back plus some ,the half of  the club that's worth anything  is a seperate entity which he has control over.
then acting like a spoilt brat as he's covered he will then virtually fold the club and legally he's fine wow.
How did they let him do that ,did no one know that was his intention?
There are so many dodgy people about that get into football , then its the fans left who pick up the pieces or have to start again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
arryarryarry
March 24, 2019, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

I'm wishing for someone who will turn the club around and hopefully get this club to League 1 with a view to getting back to the Championship at some stage in the not too distant future rather than someone who has overseen more than 15 years of decline, taken us out of the Football League and last season nearly took us back to the wilderness.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
1mickylyons
March 25, 2019, 7:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I’m wishing for a new stadium and somebody who can push the club on like I have been for the last 31 years

Edited that for you mate

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
March 25, 2019, 10:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234

Clubs change managers frequently to provide a new impetus. They sign players to reignite interest from the fans. Big and small companies change strategy and personnel to liven things up to explore new markets and keep the drive and determination going. They raise their profile, they look at things differently and they improve their product and services all the time - or at least they do if they want to remain in the game.

Anybody who has been to BP on a non match day will not see anything like this. They will see a jaded, old fashioned and dreary experience with no leadership and just an acceptance that things will always be the same.

What we are looking for is a vision. A new start, a fresh beginning and a different way of doing things. Sure that needs a bit of money, some investment but so much could be done with relatively little but of course we are stuck. Not going forwards nor backwards, just stuck in a rut.

Mr Fenty perhaps should have taken a collegiate approach to other people, and slowly over time built a solid future. Over time people like Mike Parker could perhaps have attracted other wealthy people to share in a vision for the future and slowly built the club, with different people contributing different skills and new money, but everything seems to get bogged down.

I suppose what I am saying is money isn't everything, but a different approach is what we need.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Garth
March 25, 2019, 10:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

Clubs change managers frequently to provide a new impetus. They sign players to reignite interest from the fans. Big and small companies change strategy and personnel to liven things up to explore new markets and keep the drive and determination going. They raise their profile, they look at things differently and they improve their product and services all the time - or at least they do if they want to remain in the game.

Anybody who has been to BP on a non match day will not see anything like this. They will see a jaded, old fashioned and dreary experience with no leadership and just an acceptance that things will always be the same.

What we are looking for is a vision. A new start, a fresh beginning and a different way of doing things. Sure that needs a bit of money, some investment but so much could be done with relatively little but of course we are stuck. Not going forwards nor backwards, just stuck in a rut.

Mr Fenty perhaps should have taken a collegiate approach to other people, and slowly over time built a solid future. Over time people like Mike Parker could perhaps have attracted other wealthy people to share in a vision for the future and slowly built the club, with different people contributing different skills and new money, but everything seems to get bogged down.

I suppose what I am saying is money isn't everything, but a different approach is what we need.

Na mate! Money is everything, fact look at your four top premshite teams, then look at Hull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
March 25, 2019, 11:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Garth

Na mate! Money is everything, fact look at your four top premshite teams, then look at Hull

I want there to be more money of course. I think at our level though a lot could be done a little bit of investment and a major change in attitude.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
grimsby pete
March 25, 2019, 11:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I have been supporting Town for nearly 64 years and can not remember anybody putting any worthwhile money into the club apart from D. Ramsden and Fenty.

We know Ramsden wanted his back as soon as he got voted off the board,

We also know Fenty is taking his back in dribs and drabs, if you call £200,000 that,

So I do not expect anybody turning up with any amount of cash without wanting it back,

Unless some fan like me wins £70+ million on the lottery.

PS. I have not won £70+ million by the way.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.