Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On the beach ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 262 Guests

On the beach ?

This thread currently has 5,880 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
March 17, 2019, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Let us call a spade a spade.

Ignore today - the wind made it a farce, but did their keeper touch the ball with his hands all afternoon??

In general, we don't attack enough, we don't create chances, we cannot win a ball in the air nor hold it up well enough up front, we don't get around the back or hardly get into the opposition box. There is just not enough forward momentum in our play. I love to see good football, a passing game on the grass and players comfortable on the ball, but there is precious little end product at all.

Pretty triangles in midfield will just not cut it in league 2. I know the manager is hamstrung with the lack of investment but we need a big target man who will be able to hold it up and bring the midfield further up, and two strikers playing off him to give defences something to worry about.

Every two weeks we are sat in the Pontoon and we hardly see any opposition keeper having to break into a sweat. If you don't get the ball into the box you will not score very often.

I would agree.

I also think we don't half fanny about before we try to get a decent cross in which there weren't many yesterday..
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On the beach ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.