HertsGTFC
March 16, 2019, 7:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from TAGG
Can't we send Embelton and Ring back where they came from???

Embleton has gone off the boil which you might expect with a youngster and he’s also turned into a right greedy so and so.

Early days yet but my first impressions of Ring is that he’s not that good. Then again time may tell.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
golfer
March 16, 2019, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
I don't think anyone in the team is that good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
Ipswin
March 16, 2019, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Embleton has gone off the boil which you might expect with a youngster and he’s also turned into a right greedy so and so.

Early days yet but my first impressions of Ring is that he’s not that good. Then again time may tell.

Ring certainly seems to  be a long way behind his fellow countryman but it is early days.

As for Embleton I just don't see any point in continuing to pick him in fact he may as well go back to Sunderland now. We're going nowhere up or down and he could be useful on the bench at Sunderland as they appear to be play-off bound

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
chaos33
March 16, 2019, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
What has Embleton actually produced in terms of goals and assists by being a regular starter at L2 level? His stats are not at all impressive. I know the general consensus is that he won't be here next season, but I really don't think he's produced enough, on a regular basis to have any future at Sunderland, whether they are L1 or championship.

I rate him, as I'm sure we all do, but his stats as a regular L2 starter are bang average, at best.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
HertsGTFC
March 16, 2019, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Ring certainly seems to  be a long way behind his fellow countryman but it is early days.

As for Embleton I just don't see any point in continuing to pick him in fact he may as well go back to Sunderland now. We're going nowhere up or down and he could be useful on the bench at Sunderland as they appear to be play-off bound

I think Embleton keeps getting picked as Jolley wants to get a reputation for playing young loanees ........ apart from Joe Grayson that is 🤔

I do agree though we should be giving others a bit more game time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
Maringer
March 16, 2019, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,408
Gold Stars: 184
Embleton was a bit better today than of late but I have to agree that he's not exactly looked like he's playing at a level beneath his ability. In his best games before Christmas, he looked a really good prospect but he's looked tired and sluggish since then. Much like Thomas, in fact!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
Bigdog
March 16, 2019, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I just don't think that 3-5-2 suits the players at our disposal. We've been at our best with one up top. The best we've been in centre midfield is when we've played Hess and Clifton deeper with Embleton in a more advanced position. When was the last time we played them together regularly? Our best pairing at centre of defence was Davis and Whitmore, who blended together well as a partnership, after Collins (who had a decent game today) broke his arm and when he was banned in December. And we've had a lack of presence going forward or defending on the left. Thomas's body language wasn't great today, I don't think he's going to be here next season and Jolley will have an idea if he's going already. If so, why aren't we having a good look at Vernam, Dennis or A Rose? The opportunity to blood other players in competitive matches without consequences doesn't come around very often, MJ should treasure the next few games rather than trying to beat our points total from last year. It's a given anyway. At this stage the development of players who are going to be here next season must be far more important than trying to finish with 51, 54, 56 or 60 points. It's not like the players that are not going to be here next season are tearing up any trees at the minute and fans might even be more enthused in watching fringe players rather chasing some meaningless points target. We may even amass more points with players with fresh legs and desperate for a game anyway, especially if we ditch the 3-5-2 until we have the right players for that system..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
Croxton
March 16, 2019, 10:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Ring is simply too weak to be a wing back. He seems to lack the confidence to attack the line as if he is not sure that someone is covering behind. He dithers or passes backwards rather than winning throw ins,  corners or free kicks in the last third. Ordinary full back at best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
promotion plaice
March 16, 2019, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

What happened to the usual "Just Back" thread ???

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
HertsGTFC
March 16, 2019, 10:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
I just don't think that 3-5-2 suits the players at our disposal. We've been at our best with one up top. The best we've been in centre midfield is when we've played Hess and Clifton deeper with Embleton in a more advanced position. When was the last time we played them together regularly? Our best pairing at centre of defence was Davis and Whitmore, who blended together well as a partnership, after Collins (who had a decent game today) broke his arm and when he was banned in December. And we've had a lack of presence going forward or defending on the left. Thomas's body language wasn't great today, I don't think he's going to be here next season and Jolley will have an idea if he's going already. If so, why aren't we having a good look at Vernam, Dennis or A Rose? The opportunity to blood other players in competitive matches without consequences doesn't come around very often, MJ should treasure the next few games rather than trying to beat our points total from last year. It's a given anyway. At this stage the development of players who are going to be here next season must be far more important than trying to finish with 51, 54, 56 or 60 points. It's not like the players that are not going to be here next season are tearing up any trees at the minute and fans might even be more enthused in watching fringe players rather chasing some meaningless points target. We may even amass more points with players with fresh legs and desperate for a game anyway, especially if we ditch the 3-5-2 until we have the right players for that system..

Personally I don’t think 3-5-2 is doing us any favours either especially in games like today when both Hess & Woolly appeared to be sat deep and neither Ring or Hendrie are consistently bombing on or getting in behind. We did look a bit more fluid when RHJ played on the right of the 3 but the manager appears to prefer Davis there over RHJ I assume for his height more than footballing ability.

I’d also like to see some more of our quicker & more energetic players as our tempo and movement off the ball has regressed badly in recent weeks which may explain some of the performances and results.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Northampton thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.