Private Message
Davec
March 15, 2019, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
They've been very much mis-managed terribly these last couple of years, and that statement is written terribly with basic errors everywhere. Another club copulated up by poor running
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Mariner Timsky
March 15, 2019, 12:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
What an embarrassing statement

Written by an 8 year old??!!

That apart sad to see a local club fold or any club fold apart from MK of course plus all the other annoying clubs  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Northbank Mariner
March 15, 2019, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
Afraid the same folks that fooked it up are in charge of Hull City AFC...only 2 seasons ago punching a league below us and also had their trip to Wembley...shame to see what was always a good village community club go by the wayside...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
Gaffer58
March 15, 2019, 1:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Did they through over ambition get above themselves, over reliant on one person who eventually lost interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2019, 1:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.16
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Gaffer58
Did they through over ambition get above themselves, over reliant on one person who eventually lost interest.

Maybe they did but what they achieved was creditable... until the bubble burst when their owners started mixing things up

I was only thinking the other day about clubs who rise from nowhere and then disappear; Rushden of course springing to mind

But then some do seem to be able to sustain things... Fleetwood for example

I remember going to see them play Goole back in 2005 in front of about 150 fans totally ( maybe they had about 25 there?)

If anyone had told me back then that they'd be an established third tier club I'd not have believed it

So in some ways you have to follow the dream and hope it's for the long term, not the short term as with North Ferriby

Shame for their genuine fans of course -  I expect there'll now be plenty of alternative activity about to take place on their ground as housing developers start sniffing around  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 22
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 15, 2019, 2:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Gaffer58

I’d bet the majority of the old time NF supporters had a premonition that this might happen even when the club was doing well. It all seemed a bit too good to be true didn’t it? That level of support was just not ever sustainable, the income needed to cover running expenses was never going to be there and the whole thing relied on the largesse of one person. Take that away and ..... crash. Those local fans are now worse off than they were to start with.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Mariner1980
March 15, 2019, 2:30pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
According to a brief search on the internet, the outstanding debt was less than £8000...
Surely they could have drummed that small amount up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2019, 4:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
They could have got most of that £8k through one bucket collection at BP, KC and GP. I suspect that is not the real issue.
I believe the owner wanted to move the club to the other side of Hull - I think linked to some sort of land development scheme - and took his bat home when he didn’t get his way. May not have gotallmyfactsright (getyerfactsrart?).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
rancido
March 15, 2019, 5:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,411
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from 1207[b
85]They could have got most of that £8k through one bucket collection at BP, KC and GP.[/b] I suspect that is not the real issue.
I believe the owner wanted to move the club to the other side of Hull - I think linked to some sort of land development scheme - and took his bat home when he didn’t get his way. May not have gotallmyfactsright (getyerfactsrart?).

That's what kept Hull City afloat

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › North Ferriby RIP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.