1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
March 11, 2019, 12:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Can anyone remember when the old Fuller Street bridge was pulled down and the new one installed ??

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
March 24, 2019, 10:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Lived not far from there, I always thought before the bridge went up it was a crossing just like Suggitts Lane.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Ipswin
March 25, 2019, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If you remember the time before the bridge you must be older than Grimsby Pete and me. The original bridge was certainly there in the 1950s. In fact I'm not sure it was ever an open 'foot crossing' like Suggitts Lane

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
grimsby pete
March 25, 2019, 10:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin
If you remember the time before the bridge you must be older than Grimsby Pete and me. The original bridge was certainly there in the 1950s. In fact I'm not sure it was ever an open 'foot crossing' like Suggitts Lane

I have to agree always been a bridge as far back as I can remember.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
chrissy
March 28, 2019, 7:02pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
I used to cross the bridge to go swimming 70 odd years ago so it's been there since then.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Brazilnut
March 29, 2019, 6:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Marinerz93
Lived not far from there, I always thought before the bridge went up it was a crossing just like Suggitts Lane.

I believe there was a couple of year gap between the old one coming down and a new one going up ......so you initial memory might be of that period

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Marinerz93
March 31, 2019, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Brazilnut

I believe there was a couple of year gap between the old one coming down and a new one going up ......so you initial memory might be of that period

I think you have just found my marbles, thought I was losing them with some of the comments above about age, thank you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fuller Street Bridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.