Chrisblor
March 9, 2019, 3:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
The team doesn't function properly with Dennis and Thomas playing together up front. They have absolutely no chemistry and playing them means we have a man less in midfield and keep getting completely overrun. We'd be far better served with Vernam or Embleton playing in an advanced midfield / supporting striker role with Thomas or Dennis up front on their own and an extra man (Clifton) back in midfield.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 121
Bigdog
March 9, 2019, 3:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'll say it again.

Get Collins off. He makes our defence drop deep. And how the hell didn't he get to block the cross for the first? Too much defensive responsibility put on the shoulders of the midfield three. Too many pockets of five yards where their forwards come off our defenders without a challenge.

Get Whitmore or RHJ on, squeeze up and cut the distance down between defence and attack. The game gets stretched out and gives us no chance. Woolford off for Clifton for extra bite and energy in the middle and hopefully we can bring our front two in the game.

MJ's biggest failing for me. Been happening for weeks but we've sneaked some wins so the cracks have been papered over. We've been at our best performance wise generally when we don't have Collins or Woolford in the side..

They shouldn't be here next season so why delay development of others?!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 121
FishOutOfWater
March 9, 2019, 3:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
HT and lots to do in the second half

No excuses from the sounds of things

1-0 up and we're throwing it away
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 121
sonofmadeleymariner
March 9, 2019, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Chrisblor
The team doesn't function properly with Dennis and Thomas playing together up front. They have absolutely no chemistry and playing them means we have a man less in midfield and keep getting completely overrun. We'd be far better served with Vernam or Embleton playing in an advanced midfield / supporting striker role with Thomas or Dennis up front on their own and an extra man (Clifton) back in midfield.

Its not the lack of man power in midfield thats the issue. Its that out of oyr midfield 3 we leave 2 back to defend with our back 5 in one long line and allow teams to do as they please as they pass the ball where they want when they want. Watch Crawley they're playing the same system as us and their midfield close down whoever has the ball where ever they are on the pitch. The number of times one of Crawleys 3 CBs has walked the ball 20 or 30 yards this game into our half is embarrissing.  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 121
denni266

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
Quoted from Chrisblor

I would agree with this. you only need one main striker, and a better midfield to create his chances
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 121
headingly_mariner

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Chrisblor

This!!!! We can’t get out of our half as the ball is coming straight back. They don’t look a good pairing.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 121
Madeleymariner
March 9, 2019, 3:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Why does Collins run away from the ball all the hmmmmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 121
FishOutOfWater
March 9, 2019, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Bigdog
I'll say it again.

Get Collins off. He makes our defence drop deep. Too much put on the shoulders of the midfield three. Too many pockets of five yards where their forwards come off our defenders without a challenge.

Get Whitmore or RHJ on, squeeze up and cut the distance down between defence and attack. The game gets stretched out and gives us no chance. Woolford off for Clifton for extra bite and energy in the middle and hopefully we can bring our front two in the game.

MJ's biggest failing for me. Been happening for weeks but we've sneaked some wins so the cracks have been papered over. We've been at our best performance wise generally when we don't have Collins or Woolford in the side..

They shouldn't be here next season so why delay development of others?!!!

Can't disagree with you BigDog

Collins as mentioned in the week on other threads is surely not going to be in the team next season so why not now give his place to the likes of RHJ who should be building a future with us

MJ will need to do something quick today if we're going to get anything..... if he hangs on until the 70th minute like he did last week before changing things around then I don't see us coming away with anything at all today
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 121
Bigdog
March 9, 2019, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Chrisblor

You're kidding. Had nothing to do with our forwards. Felt sorry for the front two feeding off less than scraps. You've got to look elsewhere to find out what was wrong with that first half performance!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 121
sonofmadeleymariner
March 9, 2019, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
At half time I'd sub Woolly for Clifton hes not in the game and we need some bite in midfield. Collins as his inclusions means we defend from the 6 yard box and the number of times he's been tight to a player only to run away from him when he got the ball is shocking get RHJ in for some much needed pace and attacking threat. I'd even go as far as to sub Davis as hes been no better either but to use all three subs at once is just inviting trouble.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 121
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.