WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 9, 2019, 5:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from carrot top

I won't take non entertainment though. We are very boring to watch.

I've followed Town for more than 50 years and I can't believe how bloody poor we are right now. Expectation levels have really dropped at this club

Weve had a couple of crap games yeh but cmon weve played some really good football at times this season. Lots of passing and plenty of fight. Couple of our goals have done the rounds online because of how nice they were. Feel like youre being a bit over the top
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 121
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2019, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
We are what we are. The manager has improved us but admits we’re inconsistent- and what’s wrong with dreaming? If you can’t dream after 4 wins on the bounce then it’s a pretty sad world.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 121
FishOutOfWater
March 9, 2019, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ivanosandwich

The difference is though, we are fans, we have dreams and there's nothing with that is there?

At the beginning of the season I said I would be happy with mid table this season as I believe that Jolley is building something but it didn't stop me dreaming of a play off place. Still am too, until it's mathematically impossible.

As they say Ivano.... it's not over until the fat lady sings so I'll keep dreaming until the reality says otherwise
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 112 - 121
Marinerz93
March 9, 2019, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Great start then played like a team who don't have enough belief or drive, too many times 2nd to the ball, too many times just lumping it up for them to win the headers, beaten by a team twice now in as many weeks by teams that were below us, simply not good enough, we should be fighting for the play offs not mooching towards the summer holidays were it seems some players heads are.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 121
carrot top
March 9, 2019, 5:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2

Weve had a couple of crap games yeh but cmon weve played some really good football at times this season. Lots of passing and plenty of fight. Couple of our goals have done the rounds online because of how nice they were. Feel like youre being a bit over the top

I think we have had more than a couple of crap games. Its just not entertaining. Tranmere and Notts County games apart when did we last put a team to the sword at home with real pressure and up tempo play. All about opinions yes, but I don't think I'm being over the top

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 121
denni266
March 9, 2019, 5:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
We need at least 8 new players next season , this lot are so inconsistant . We are alwase a work in process waiting for next season that never comes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 121
Madeleymariner
March 9, 2019, 5:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Flack Collins off to coach the kids how to run backwards. The best example I saw was we lost the ball on an attack just inside their half and Collins was stood 5 yards into our own area when we lost it, simple flat pass to their player middle of our half and luckily Davies managed a last ditch tackle edge of the box having run 20 yards across the pitch.   I know Collins is experienced but he is past it, Get RHJ in. Davies is not the answer as the centre back who joins the attack as has neither the skill nor pace to be effective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 121
ivanosandwich
March 9, 2019, 5:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

As they say Ivano.... it's not over until the fat lady sings so I'll keep dreaming until the reality says otherwise

Exactly FOOW, I'm with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 121
sonofmadeleymariner
March 9, 2019, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Jolleys lost the plot surely. "We ended the first half well and the second half was end to end. Our defence wasn't sat too deep." I know he likes to protect his players in his interviews but he doesn't often blatantly lie like that. He has pointed out how awful the ref was at least. I'm guess both him and the Crawley manager must of agreed to make a complaint as I can't see him making a statement like that in fear of punishment from the FA

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 121
golfer
March 9, 2019, 6:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111

I don't really see the view that you obviously get. Most of our games if we are honest have been crap, including some of those that we have won. I think we are comparing our performances with the shite dished up under Slade. Something is wrong some where,whether it is being able to follow instructions or if there are any
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 121
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.