Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from CodHead
Won't he miss a few games for us
During the international break
Won't that be a downfall to us

They’ll improve him , playing alongside players from leagues above will be great for him at his age .
Think of it as free coaching , plus if teams come knocking to try and poach him away from us it’ll cost them a bit more if he gets a cap or two
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
Heisenberg
March 7, 2019, 5:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,028
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Rik e B
Wait for England? Let's be realistic here. Wales make it to big tournaments nowadays so it's an opportunity he'd be daft to pass up on.

Imo.

I don’t mean that. What I meant was, if you’re English you shouldn’t just look at playing for Wales/NI/Ireland/Scotland because you might have a chance to play for them. You’re either English or you’re not. Being English but not good enough to play for England should mean you accept you’ll never play international football. A call up shouldn’t be seen as an opportunity to further your career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
Northbank Mariner
March 7, 2019, 5:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Heisenberg

I don’t mean that. What I meant was, if you’re English you shouldn’t just look at playing for Wales/NI/Ireland/Scotland because you might have a chance to play for them. You’re either English or you’re not. Being English but not good enough to play for England should mean you accept you’ll never play international football. A call up shouldn’t be seen as an opportunity to further your career.

Slightly xenophobia attitude there...he may have been born in England but his grandfather is Welsh and still has that side of his family in Wales .so, he has Welsh blood running through him therefore he is not 100% English...
And if any footballer can use any tool at his disposal to further their career good on them!!...what's wrong with being driven to better yourself??...unless being sat on ya couch and upgrading from FIFA 18 to FIFA 19 is anyone's idea of bettering themselves!!..
Finally, well done Harry and well done to all involved with GTFC that have helped improve his game enough to get this call up..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
ska face
March 7, 2019, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,606
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Heisenberg

Maybe he doesn’t buy in to the odd little Englander mentality?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
Heisenberg
March 7, 2019, 5:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,028
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from ska face

Maybe he doesn’t buy in to the odd little Englander mentality?

I just don’t agree with hedging your bets. If he feels Welsh because of his parentage or whatever, no issues from me. I just don’t agree with players seeing what options they have on the table. I honestly think players should have to announce their nationality when they become professional, and this should be irreversible. It’s just an idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
Madeleymariner
March 7, 2019, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
I certainly disagree with players changing nations after already playing at a post age 16 age level (eg Declan Rice how can he possibly say he takes pride wearing an England shirt in the future) but a bit unfair having to make a decision before you are anywhere near being chosen to represent a country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
mimma
March 7, 2019, 5:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
Playing for U21s doesn't rule him out of England reckoning.  Rice has played for N. Ireland but has since announced that he wants to play for England.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.