Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Music Today.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 184 Guests

Music Today.

This thread currently has 4,304 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
March 2, 2019, 6:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,158
Gold Stars: 38
Whoever was in charge of the music today should be not let anywhere near the decks again.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
March 2, 2019, 6:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
I came out the bar and went to my seat at about 2.50 and could hardly hear any music. Given that the club’s twitter feed had been asking what music people wanted I was expecting the big speakers to be out, it certainly helps build the atmosphere.

Whilst we’re talking about atmosphere, what’s happened to the pontoon? 2 or 3 songs a match maximum, and even they fizzle out after one chorus. Everyone has been stating exciting things about this team we’ve been building and looking towards a brighter future, yet the crowd at home games is flat as a fart! I would love a pontoon stand packed to the rafters like the old days, with huge flags being waved, black and white banners, scarves in the air and fans singing and jumping around for 90 minutes, make the place intimidating for visitors. Something like how the Palace home end is usually like. If we are to have a real go next season then surely the pontoon has a huge role to play.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Rob_in_Grimsby
March 2, 2019, 7:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
for once not guilty been replaced by someone new lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Grantley
March 2, 2019, 8:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Thought it was something nice and original from the usual standard sludge.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
fishboyUTM
March 2, 2019, 8:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Thought it was absolutely outstanding, me being a 42 year old bloke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Youngy
March 2, 2019, 9:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from friskneymariner
Whoever was in charge of the music today should be not let anywhere near the decks again.

Well this is awkward

I was 'in charge' of music but every song chosen today was selected from the fans #gtfcplaylist on Twitter. If you have any requests, feel free to post on there and we'll take a look.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
moosey_club
March 2, 2019, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jimgtfc
I came out the bar and went to my seat at about 2.50 and could hardly hear any music. Given that the club’s twitter feed had been asking what music people wanted I was expecting the big speakers to be out, it certainly helps build the atmosphere.

Whilst we’re talking about atmosphere, what’s happened to the pontoon? 2 or 3 songs a match maximum, and even they fizzle out after one chorus. Everyone has been stating exciting things about this team we’ve been building and looking towards a brighter future, yet the crowd at home games is flat as a fart!
I would love a pontoon stand packed to the rafters like the old days, with huge flags being waved, black and white banners, scarves in the air and fans singing and jumping around for 90 minutes, make the place intimidating for visitors. Something like how the Palace home end is usually like. If we are to have a real go next season then surely the pontoon has a huge role to play.

No shots on target, opposition keeper could have sat in the stands and watched the game, backwards football, slow slow slow...tends to kill the enthusiasm.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
GYinScuntland
March 3, 2019, 1:50am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from jimgtfc

Whilst we’re talking about atmosphere, what’s happened to the pontoon? 2 or 3 songs a match maximum, and even they fizzle out after one chorus. Everyone has been stating exciting things about this team we’ve been building and looking towards a brighter future, yet the crowd at home games is flat as a fart! I would love a pontoon stand packed to the rafters like the old days, with huge flags being waved, black and white banners, scarves in the air and fans singing and jumping around for 90 minutes, make the place intimidating for visitors. Something like how the Palace home end is usually like. If we are to have a real go next season then surely the pontoon has a huge role to play.

You've got all the answers fella, get ya self stuck in the middle of that thar Pontoon and sort 'em. 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
conscorner
March 3, 2019, 2:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +298
Gold Stars: 3
I sit in the main stand and was unaware of any pre-match music yesterday - the public address system has been virtually inaudible the last few games in that stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Cod Cheeks
March 3, 2019, 3:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Is this another case of damned if they do and damned if they don't?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Music Today.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.