Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 12,079 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
March 2, 2019, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
I thought the distribution from their keeper was superb today. Can't comment on his shot stopping as he wasn't really tested but he found his own players with pinpoint accuracy all afternoon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
chaos33
March 2, 2019, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from fishboyUTM

If we are to progress, the likes of Woolford at 33 must be allowed to move on. The whole side were very poor today, every player would struggle for a 5/10 with McKeown a 6/10 for standard competence. It happens, as long as it is occasionally but we have shown real signs of progress but maybe today was a reality check. Still haven't given up on the play offs but we will need to improve ten fold. I've seen these lads give their all, and show quality and I still believe in them, just a bad day.

Whilst I understand what you're saying, you're criticising a player (Woolford) who hasn't even played today. Should the young players, who were poor today, be moved on too?

A poor showing against a poor team, but we have been good in recent weeks and we are a work in progress. Clearly we need 2 or 3 better players to make progress and get into contention.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 2, 2019, 9:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from chaos33

Whilst I understand what you're saying, you're criticising a player (Woolford) who hasn't even played today. Should the young players, who were poor today, be moved on too?

A poor showing against a poor team, but we have been good in recent weeks and we are a work in progress. Clearly we need 2 or 3 better players to make progress and get into contention.

This. We were poor today but some of this reaction has gone a bit overly dramatic, weve got some good talented young players and theyre going to get better. Course were all dissapointed but saying were not good enough and need to replace half the team, cmon, enjoy your weekend, youll feel differently on monday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2019, 9:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Well despite a promising first 15 minutes we where all over the place, very disorganised in what looked like a complacent performance or at least a performance that lacked thought and to a degree  professionalism.

Really missed Woolly and though Dennis clearly is more than half decent without Woolford I’d have stuck with Cook as he’ll go and try and make things happen if he’s not getting any decent supply.

Thought the middle 3 couldn’t decide who was doing what and the decision to sit Embleton so deep in the first half was an odd one but I’d of got it if he’d have brought Hendrie into the game more who had acres of space on the right.

Second half they did a great job at stopping us building any tempo then again we didn’t do ourselves any favours coughing the ball up left right and centre.

Though I think we possibly made them look better than what they are in all honesty the best team won.

Bad day at the office, it’s not the first and won’t be the last. Decent performance and result at Crawley and it will all be forgotten.

UTM!!

P.S. Even though I’ve never seen us as play off contenders I still looked at the table tonight and though “what if”😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
moosey_club
March 2, 2019, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
RHJ M.O.M for me..or possibly Davies aside from that wouldnt give any of them more than a "5".  

No idea what Jolley said post match but the first 65-70 mins were awful, the last 20 an unorganised shambles and for my money it was his tactics, the players didnt choose to play that way, Clifton was up alongside the strikers when we won the ball and Hendrie was pushed up on the right, Hess dropped in to cover Hendrie and Embleton sat deep...this happened everytime we got the ball which apart from a few isolated incidents resulted in the back four having no pass into midfield, forcing them to go sideways backwards and eventually hoofing.

Was crying out for runners with the ball but took him 70 mins to clock onto it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
Croxton
March 2, 2019, 11:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
[/b]
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Well despite a promising first 15 minutes we where all over the place, very disorganised in what looked like a complacent performance or at least a performance that lacked thought and to a degree  professionalism.

[b]Really missed Woolly and though Dennis clearly is more than half decent without Woolford I’d have stuck with Cook as he’ll go and try and make things happen if he’s not getting any decent supply.

Thought the middle 3 couldn’t decide who was doing what and the decision to sit Embleton so deep in the first half was an odd one but I’d of got it if he’d have brought Hendrie into the game more who had acres of space on the right.

Second half they did a great job at stopping us building any tempo then again we didn’t do ourselves any favours coughing the ball up left right and centre.

Bad day at the office, it’s not the first and won’t be the last. Decent performance and result at Crawley and it will all be forgotten.

UTM!!

P.S. Even though I’ve never seen us as play off contenders I still looked at the table tonight and though “what if”😉

Though I think we possibly made them look better than what they are in all honesty the best team won.

It would be harsh to say that Cook might have been better. Dennis has a deft touch and an awareness of where to pass or move and was badly let down by midfield and wing backs.  There is a continuing underuse of wide areas which may generate crosses for Thomas or Dennis to convert.
Playing Embleton deep was a crass waste of his talents which are all to do with the final third. The inept challenge by Embleton which led to the first goal was an ironic confirmation of this. Davis was bullied for the goal after also losing the player who forced Macca to an excellent save earlier.
A half arsed interview by JT and a cliched low key response from MJ  completed the let down. Not even one jumper for goalposts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
Northbank Mariner
March 3, 2019, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Hard to take this loss, but I was stumped when I saw the team sheet...why he replaced cook for Dennis didn't quite add up..Cook harries the opposition in their own half and I'm not sure a convo if Thomas and Dennis would work, always too far apart from each other and for as good as Thomas has been his first touch yesterday was awful..everyone it went near him it just bounced off him and went to the opposition players...
And I have to say it, for as much as I rate Embleton highly I think he needs a rest, trying too hard, not releasing the ball quick enough and forever turning play over to easily.  
Time to take a breath, put this one to bed and go again next weekend..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
quebec38
March 3, 2019, 8:35am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
For me it always needs to be one of Vernam or Cook paired with either Wes or Dennis up front.

Embleton too deep first half and didn't he didn't influence the game in the way he normally does.

Personally I'd have liked to see us sacrifice a centre half earlier than we did for an attacker. I think the way Hess drops in (and Embo yesterday) we could have got away with it.

A bad day at the office but these things happen. Nothing a little kick up the bottom can't sort.

UTM.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
Maringer
March 3, 2019, 8:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
One interesting thing I noted from the match stats at half-time. Apparently, we committed just one foul in the first half (which, of course, they scored from).

Says a lot about the way we were set up and the lack of pressing on the ball. A side struggling with their away form couldn't ask for anything more than an easy ride into the game and we never got to grips with them after the weak start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 80
March 3, 2019, 9:05am
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
Did we really miss Ohman today?

Frustrating as Cambridge fouls went unpunished while nearly all Ohman’s fouls have resulted in a booking. The officials were as bad as Town yesterday. He would have led the defence better, DC at fault for the second.

I hope we give Pollock, Rose starts in the remaining games.

Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.