2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
d3d4
March 1, 2019, 10:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +40
Hi all,

We went to twitter this week to get some opinions on which League Two players have been overlooked for praise this season...

This is what we have come up with...

[url]http://d3d4football.com/league-twos-10-most-underrated-players-in-2018-19-so-far/[/url]

Thanks,
James
Logged Offline
Private Message
Nutsy
March 1, 2019, 11:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 5
Really interesting article!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
mariner91
March 1, 2019, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Glad Hessenthaler was featured. There was a period of time a couple of months ago where he was being criminally undervalued by some of our own support, thankfully he's now getting the plaudits he deserves. Sets the tone from the middle for us, great signing and still young.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
jamesgtfc
March 1, 2019, 12:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from mariner91
Glad Hessenthaler was featured. There was a period of time a couple of months ago where he was being criminally undervalued by some of our own support, thankfully he's now getting the plaudits he deserves. Sets the tone from the middle for us, great signing and still young.

Hess is a very important player in the team with his energy. The injury to Clifton has allowed us to see him a bit further forward with Woolford sitting deeper. He gets through a lot of work and looks to keep things simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
jimgtfc
March 1, 2019, 1:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Early shout for player of the year?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Son of Cod
March 1, 2019, 1:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Good article, enjoyed that. Mentioned this elsewhere, but I think a fair few of our lot have gone under the radar this season. Clifton, RHJ, Woolford, Hendrie - all names that fans of other teams perhaps look at and just gloss over.

It's been mentioned on D3D4 for the past few weeks now that yourself and the Oldham supporting co-host (apologies can't remember his name) can't see us getting in the playoffs as we lack quality. I'm not disagreeing that we won't make the playoffs, as I also think we'll fall short. However, it's not because of a lack of quality in my opinion. It took us a while to get going with a young squad and manager who were, and still are, finding their feet and those first 10 or so games are what could prove to be decisive. On one of the upcoming podcasts, it would be interesting to hear you talk about where exactly you think our lack of quality is, as I look at our strongest XI and even our bench now and I struggle to see a weak link. You could argue in depth we lack quality, but then again most sides in League 2 do.

I think your podcast is great and it's the first footy one I listen to on a Monday now (Football Ramble and Totally Football League Show used to be my go to ones). Good luck getting some sponsorship in, if I was minted I'd help you out!

Quoted from jimgtfc
Early shout for player of the year?

Definitely in with a shout and deservedly so, however I'd be surprised if it's not Macca for the main award. Hendrie has been good and consistent enough for me to be mentioned with those two too. I think Shrewsbury have dropped a right clanger there letting him go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Les Brechin
March 1, 2019, 2:23pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Player of the Year could be an interesting one this season.

There's usually a clear favourite but this season there are a number of players that you could make a cause for.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Son of Cod
March 1, 2019, 2:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Les Brechin
Player of the Year could be an interesting one this season.

There's usually a clear favourite but this season there are a number of players that you could make a cause for.

True. Not having a striker banging in 25+ goals a season (like we did quite often back down in The Conference) is a factor in that as well. Who are the realistic contenders then? Macca, Hendrie, Hess, Embleton, Clifton, Thomas?

Glad I'm not the one deciding between Embleton and Clifton for YPOTY!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
londonmariner2
March 1, 2019, 4:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
He's Here, He's there,
He's Hessenthaler
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
hheh2
March 1, 2019, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
The player of the year award is going to be a very tight one this year!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two's most underrated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.