KingstonMariner
March 5, 2019, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower

The Man who saved Barcelona - The Remarkable Life of Patrick O'Connell, written by Sue O'Connell £14.99.

It's an absolute belter of a book and tells of how Irishman O'Connell went to play for Barca after a career in N. Ireland and England

The stories surrounding Barca and the Civil war and O'Connell's desire to keep them going at all cost have to be read to be believed.

I think the Francoists must be logged in today Jock. Dunno why else anyone would red-cross your post. (Or maybe it was the Commintern Stalinist lackeys of course   ).

Seem to remember a chapter about Marca/Madrid rivalry being in Football Against the Enemy too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 71
Mrs Doyle
March 7, 2019, 4:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Ipswin

Surprised me TBH especially as it was timed at 3.30am! He must read the Fishy when he can't sleep, narrowly better than counting sheep I suppose

Sadly I have to get up at 3am to go to work at 4.30 as I travel twenty miles away to get to work.

We are not all budding Steven Kings mate lol.

Plus side is I am usually home just after dinner nice in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manager of the Month Raffle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.