Limerick Mariner
March 2, 2019, 9:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
It's a terrible situation for their fans, but I don't have that much sympathy for them.  They've effectively been financially doping and have spent a lot of money trying to go up, while other clubs have cut their cloth accordingly.

The fans sold out to investors ages ago and County have gone the route of washed up ex-Premier League players and Celebrity Managers.

If they escape their current predicament, all that will happen is Alan Hardy will use smoke and mirrors to wash the money round in some other way, and next season they'll carry on the big spending and try to take one of the promotion slots we'll be hopefully fighting for.

On that basis, I'd much rather someone like Yeovil or Morecambe stayed in the league as they pose less of a threat, and hope we can have a Grand Day Out at Meadow Lane at the end of the season to see them off to the Conference.

If there is a chance that they will be relegated that day it will be all ticket and could be a sell-out. Oldest club in the League etc alot of neutrals will turn up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
grimsby pete
March 2, 2019, 11:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
After spending 6 years  down in the conference I will not get any joy from any league club going down there.

Unless its Cheltenham  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
lukeo
March 2, 2019, 11:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from wiggers
We as Town fans have been crying out for new investors in our Club and I’m sure would have welcomed someone like this guy with open arms. Just goes to show it doesn’t always work out as expected. John Fenty has not always got it right and whilst new investment is required, i do believe him when he says he has the clubs best interests at heart. I think the model of living within our means is the best course of action for the long term future of our fantastic club. UTM

36 ticks and 1 Cross. Says it all about this post and I have to agree 100%. Best post I've seen in a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
forza ivano
March 2, 2019, 11:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
2 massive games today.Yeovil v Morecambe and county v vale. Just realised with a beam of satisfaction that I hadn't looked at the bottom of the table in ages.what a lovely feeling not to be worried about what's going on down there. County looked doomed to me 5 points adrift and by far the worst goal difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 2, 2019, 12:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Helgy
He moaned about signing 38 players when it was him who approved them all, why approve all the signings adding to the debt?
So if Notts go under all the local businesses suffer getting literally pence in the pound while the players get priority.

You mean hooters could go t1ts up?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2019, 1:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

You mean hooters could go t1ts up?

I thought the t1ts were always up in Hooters?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
lew chaterleys lover
March 4, 2019, 6:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from wiggers
We as Town fans have been crying out for new investors in our Club and I’m sure would have welcomed someone like this guy with open arms. Just goes to show it doesn’t always work out as expected. John Fenty has not always got it right and whilst new investment is required, i do believe him when he says he has the clubs best interests at heart. I think the model of living within our means is the best course of action for the long term future of our fantastic club. UTM

I think you are being more than generous here. John Fenty has got very little right in 18 years. If all we aspire to is just existing then what is the point? If you are the leading light at a pro club, one with a great history and some potential then you ought to be doing more with it than spending all the time in division 4 and 5, and even then just "existing".

It is not even his money that is allowing us to "live within our means." He has not put significant investment into the club for years, unless someone can tell me differently. If he has, he has not used it very wisely.

There has to be some new investment or we are very unlikely to progress on or off the field. We can all quote examples of investment that fails, but there are countless examples where investment has paid off.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
psgmariner
March 7, 2019, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
https://sport.bt.com/news/nott.....ship-S11364343416996

If Fenty does want to sell he should give this Hardy idiot a ring.
He’s got 2 offers in about a week.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
grimsby pete
March 7, 2019, 4:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from psgmariner
https://sport.bt.com/news/nott.....ship-S11364343416996

If Fenty does want to sell he should give this Hardy idiot a ring.
He’s got 2 offers in about a week.

One has got £900 million he could afford to pay our leader his benign loans and invest in the team.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.