1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2019, 8:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
No matter how many times I watched it, I can't see that early two-footed lunge at Embleton as anything but a red card offence. Right under the ref's nose. Maybe the refs on here (Imperialcoroner?) can say why it wasn't.

I was wondering by the end why we were playing a team from Manchester. 'Swinton'? I'm sure the commentator kept saying 'Swinton.'

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Croxton
February 24, 2019, 9:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from KingstonMariner
No matter how many times I watched it, I can't see that early two-footed lunge at Embleton as anything but a red card offence. Right under the ref's nose. Maybe the refs on here (Imperialcoroner?) can say why it wasn't.

I was wondering by the end why we were playing a team from Manchester. 'Swinton'? I'm sure the commentator kept saying 'Swinton.'

Clear red for me. As others have said, L2 teams have seen we are too slow and deliberate when playing from the back and look to catch us in possession.
How poor were we defensively at the start? Little communication or composure and, but for Macca, could have been two down in first 10 min. Ohman easily exposed in wider positions and too often caught 'square on'. RHJ missed at the back and in attacking opponents box. If fit , he has to return on Sat. Cambridge have powerful runners with the ball but can be open at the back so is it  time for Vernam on the break?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 24, 2019, 9:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
On the one hand, its happening for a good reason. Which is because we are a team that is determined to keep the ball out of the net. And we often do, even with 10 men. Its a title winning mentality.

But on the other hand its happening because we need to be better with the ball and better with our positioning. Im sure jolley is all over this and with a settled team and players he knows, another summer and he’ll have ironed this out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extended Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.