KingstonMariner
February 24, 2019, 10:25am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think the fact that we're picking fault with an away point at a mid-table opponent having played half an hour with 10 men shows just how far we've come. I think we are missing the energy of Clifton and I'm still a big fan of Vernam ahead of Cook.

There are some very winnable fixtures ahead - time to be positive!

Agree with the general sentiment. Not sure I agree about Vernam v Cook. I haven't seen enough of either.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
LondonMariner43
February 24, 2019, 2:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
From the remaining 12 games, it looks feasible to predict 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats which would be 26 points and a total of 73.  Could be enough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
buckstown
February 24, 2019, 6:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LondonMariner43
From the remaining 12 games, it looks feasible to predict 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats which would be 26 points and a total of 73.  Could be enough!

We'll need to be more positive away from home than we were yesteday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
monkeyboy
February 25, 2019, 6:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
RHJ was a big miss linking up with Hendrie, always good for the counter break.
Woolford is great in the centre mid when he gets a bit of time on the ball, Swindon gave him none whatsoever so he was ineffectual. Think Clifton should maybe come on earlier.

Cook been playing well recently and it will hard to drop him for Dennis but i do feel dennis would be more dangerous.
Could Dennis replace Thomas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
diehardmariner
February 25, 2019, 8:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
I know it was his cross that set-up the equaliser and he actually came into the game a lot more once we went down to 10, but I wonder if it's Embleton's place that could be the one at risk.

Both Clifton and Dennis are chomping at the bit to start when realistically there's only a few places that can be switched for them.  Jolley has previously had a go at Clifton as the more advanced of the three midfielders during games and if it was Dennis who came in, Cook could be the one to drop between midfield and attack.

I like Embleton, I think he's our best player (in fact one of the best in the division) by an absolute mile when it comes to getting on the ball and making things happen.  I just think he could possibly do with a rest, hasn't quite hit the heights since he extended his loan spell in my eyes.  He's a young lad and this represents by a long stretch his most sustained run in a first team.  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
KingstonMariner
February 25, 2019, 7:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner
I know it was his cross that set-up the equaliser and he actually came into the game a lot more once we went down to 10, but I wonder if it's Embleton's place that could be the one at risk.

Both Clifton and Dennis are chomping at the bit to start when realistically there's only a few places that can be switched for them.  Jolley has previously had a go at Clifton as the more advanced of the three midfielders during games and if it was Dennis who came in, Cook could be the one to drop between midfield and attack.

I like Embleton, I think he's our best player (in fact one of the best in the division) by an absolute mile when it comes to getting on the ball and making things happen.  I just think he could possibly do with a rest, hasn't quite hit the heights since he extended his loan spell in my eyes.  He's a young lad and this represents by a long stretch his most sustained run in a first team.  

I wonder if he's gone a bit quiet in games because he gets clattered early on and isn't getting the protection from refs. It happened early on against Cheatenham and it happened right in front of the ref at Swindon.

If he wasn't sent off I'd say Ludvig needs a rest too. He came in and made an immediate splash but his over-eagerness seems to be affecting his judgement. Great player but maybe just needs to recalibrate.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Jarmo.Is.God
February 26, 2019, 9:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
When you've won 4 on the bounce, its easy to see why Cook kept his place and not put Dennis straight in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Bus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.