Madeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 8:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm not being negative, I'm being positive about the talent we've got in the squad. As for the second half, we didn't get out of our half until they scored. I'm trying to put a level view on the performance and discussing ways how we could improve. Call it more frustrated Freddie..

But thanks again for your thoughful insight into today's game. The one thing we didn't look was confident or strong on the ball for most of the game, we couldn't wait to get rid of it when they put us under pressure and played the ball backwards far more than we ever did forwards..

Swindon were there for the taking and we afforded them far too much respect and let them get a foothold in the game far too easily..

What he said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
jamesgtfc
February 23, 2019, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Playing on the front foot with a high press will come once we have Hess, Clifton and Whitehouse in the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2019, 8:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Dunno Herts, something a bit more like the front foot style we played against Lincoln,Tranmere and others. Maybe it's Clifton we're missing to do that. I know I sound stupid after the past five results, but something seems to be missing to me. Just chatting about the game tactically rather than results and points haul etc..

I think we’ve been sussed out a bit in the last 2 games and the RHS threat is not half as potent without RHJ.

I get the Clifton bit and maybe you’ll see him and Dennis start on Saturday though it has to be said our best runs this season have been based upon stable selection.

You’re right about us being a work in progress but I reckon we need another window of retaining the best and adding better before anyone can critique anything about us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 23, 2019, 8:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
I agree that without Clifton we lose quite a bit of energy plus a player capable of being in both boxes on several occasions during a match. I also think we are a team in progression and thus suffer from inconsistent performances. That said nobody can dispute the team spirit and commitment of those now at BP.

Just think as fans we are guilty of over analysis of every game and maybe expect perfection too often when football rarely provides such consistency. We pretty much all agree that playing wise we are moving forwards and maybe we just need to hold on to that thought on those occasions the performances don’t meet our expectations.

I feel a third transfer window will give us pretty much a top seven side which twelve months ago would have been unbelievable. Let’s be happy with a point & look foward to three more next Saturday 😄😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Marinerz93
February 23, 2019, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano

Last thing is just to mention what a disgrace Robinson is to his profession.his diving and cheating were just embarrassing

Was he the one who tried to con a penalty when no one was near him simulating his ankle had been clipped in the penalty box, that twit should have been booked for simulation. Swindon's players it seemed to me to go down too easily, and either the ref was blind to it or incompetent, either way he shouldn't be in charge of league games.

Great spirit by Town and we could have won it, I'd like to see Dennis got more game time he may have put that chance away, if's and but's a good result considering we were down to 10 men and what a diving header by Hendrie, get in.

Only 7 points off play off's and who knows.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2019, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Not much to add to others. Ludvig: imperious in the air but gave away to free kicks unecessarily by giving Swindon players the excuse to fall to the floor - same happened against Cheatneham last week*. Not a great display (at least until after the sending off when we found another gear). But nothing like as bad as the two moaning buggers behind who kept up such a stream of whining we had to move seats at HT.

* I wonder if Bristol City have the same 'culture'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Marinerz93
February 23, 2019, 9:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Not much to add to others. Ludvig: imperious in the air but gave away to free kicks unecessarily by giving Swindon players the excuse to fall to the floor - same happened against Cheatneham last week*. Not a great display (at least until after the sending off when we found another gear). But nothing like as bad as the two moaning buggers behind who kept up such a stream of whining we had to move seats at HT.

* I wonder if Bristol City have the same 'culture'.

No, it's just a Grimsby thing, according to some.    

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pZrkgGn.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2019, 9:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

No, it's just a Grimsby thing, according to some.    

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pZrkgGn.gif[/img]

I was talking about the cheating and gamesmanship by West Counry teams nicknamed the Robins.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Mrs Doyle
February 24, 2019, 6:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
We all agree we are pretty much safe now so it would be nice if Denis got a full game and we looked to attack more we may as well go for as many points and goals as we can.

We defend quite well even down to ten men we have a good midfield surely now is the time to go on the offensive.

Denis knocked a hat trick in the reserve game he must be getting up to speed now, yeah he as missed a couple of chances but a decent striker needs a bigger ratio to get more confident/better. Denis does look as good if not better than most up front he just needs more game time.

Time as come to unshackle the lads M.J. and see what potential we have as an attacking side,

WE HAVE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN thanks to the hard work and effort shown over the last few months.

We have seen tantalising glimpses of a side capable of making chances and scoring goals with some lovely football.

March and Easter could be very exciting and who knows?

At the very worst it will show M.J. what he needs for next season in regards to attacking options.

Glass well a truly HALF FULL, WELL SATISFIED THUS FAR WELL DONE GO FOR IT M.J.
                                                                                            UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2019, 8:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
I think the fact that we're picking fault with an away point at a mid-table opponent having played half an hour with 10 men shows just how far we've come. I think we are missing the energy of Clifton and I'm still a big fan of Vernam ahead of Cook.

There are some very winnable fixtures ahead - time to be positive!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Bus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.