TAGG
February 23, 2019, 3:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
JIMMY MAC IS THE MAN

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 119
Chrisblor
February 23, 2019, 3:52pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,787
Gold Stars: 233
Two incredible stops by McKeown - the first looked a certain goal one on one. Town's defence like statues.

Too many passengers in that first half. Not sure any town player has been above 6/10 today. Would like to see Clifton and Dennis on early doors second half - think the pitch will suit them.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 119
TAGG
February 23, 2019, 3:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Chrisblor
Two incredible stops by McKeown - the first looked a certain goal one on one. Town's defence like statues.

Too many passengers in that first half. Not sure any town player has been above 6/10 today. Would like to see Clifton and Dennis on early doors second half - think the pitch will suit them.

Clifton should come on at HT for Woolford who has been looking tired last two games.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Chrisblor

Agree our midfields not in this game at all Hess and Wooly are sitting too deep and its inviting the pressure off Swindon, one of them needs to push up a bit more a spread Swindons midfield a little more. They're only playing one up top we shouldn't be this rushed at the back.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 119
TheGoalKipper
February 23, 2019, 4:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from TAGG
When we do have the ball we give it away to easily.
Generally though we are managing the game well 👍🏻

This is a big problem with town for me. Passing aimlessly around untill they lose it going no where. When we work it down the wing we are all waiting for the cross which never comes. If your not going to cross it why waste all thoe passes for nothing. Midfield and defenders near the halfway line passing back to the goalkeeper who boots it aimlessly upfield. All the midfielders can pass it more accurately than mac as they are 20 yards further upfield, Rdiculous?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 4:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Thomas booked for pulling a Swindon player back apparently, looked a little cheap to me for a booking

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Swindon players are just throwing themselve on the floor now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 4:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Once again midfield are sitting too deep and we're just letting them pass the ball around at will and pick out who they want to cross too. Thankfully their crossing is very poor at the moment. We're being completely outplayed in this second half, too slow to everything.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Clifton on for Wooly. Much needed it could of been either Wooly or Hess today but I think we need Hess's pace.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 119
Hagrid
February 23, 2019, 4:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Christ, we’re at 0-0 we are a mid table side, we arent barca just because we’ve won 4 in a row. Think some are being a little too critical here. Clifton on for Woolford
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon Town vs Grimsby Town: Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.