Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon Town vs Grimsby Town: Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 306 Guests

Swindon Town vs Grimsby Town: Match Thread

This thread currently has 16,676 views. Print
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
February 23, 2019, 5:21pm
Guest User

I'm not expecting Barca but I'm expecting us to complete. This second half we just haven't in any area. All we've done is hold Swindon off.

That's the plan, defend and hopefully spring a counter attack!
Reply: 110 - 119
TheGoalKipper
February 23, 2019, 5:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

This is a big problem with town for me. Passing aimlessly around untill they lose it going no where. When we work it down the wing we are all waiting for the cross which never comes. If your not going to cross it why waste all thoe passes for nothing. Midfield and defenders near the halfway line passing back to the goalkeeper who boots it aimlessly upfield. All the midfielders can pass it more accurately than mac as they are 20 yards further upfield, Rdiculous?

We got a goal today when a reall cross came in. If we had been doing that all through the game we might have won this game, We are nnot getting the best from this team. Newport got plenty of crosses in and should have scored more. Poor tactics IMO. If we seriously want to get into the playoffs i dont see it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 119
moosey_club
February 23, 2019, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Good point in the end.
Similar teams IMO .
Both a little short up front, both capable of moments of utterly awful defending.

If we are to play this contain and counter style we need genuine pace to deploy it, much prefer our higher press game.

Pitch seemed pretty bobbly today which didnt help some of our play.  When Dennis went through at 1-1 i thought there was only going to be one outcome but he fluffed his lines.

Macca a couple of good saves, the 1v1 he won on the stroke of half time was fantastic.... but again looking shaky on the crosses, Swindon scored, hit the post and put one over all from crosses flighted in and around the 6 yd line.  

Ohman...two crap challenges..two yellow cards all day long IMO but actually made us look a bit better...we have had plenty of practice at it i suppose.

A rare draw, another point, extended unbeaten, still in with an outside chance.   UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 119
MuddyWaters
February 23, 2019, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Well that's one more point than I put on the predictor! Still a chance with some winnable games coming up - come on!!
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 119
Madeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 5:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Thought  we were poor today till Swindon scored, Complete lack of pace at the back and missed RHJ defensively covering and attacking. Sat back far too much and let too many crosses into the box and allowed massses of space for them around 25 yrds out giving them chance to run at us.  Pity Dennis missed his best chance but he has to start over Cook who has not looked like scoring last 2 games. Def 2 yellows for Ludwig. Good comeback but I think they were frail enough that if we had really gone for it at the beginning and showed attacking intent we would now have a positive goal difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 119
gtfc82
February 23, 2019, 5:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
The Ohman second yellow was almost the same as the one on Cook against Yeovil. That was a definite yellow and so was the one today Just a blatant deliberate block!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
February 23, 2019, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 123614

That's the plan, defend and hopefully spring a counter attack!

Yes but we weren't even close to sprinigng a counter attack. All we could do was hoof the ball clear under pressure for it to come straight back. Midfield were too deep and just allowed Swindon to dictate the game were as in previous games Yeovil and Newport and in parts Cheltenham.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 119
Mighty_Mariner
February 23, 2019, 7:08pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

We got a goal today when a reall cross came in. If we had been doing that all through the game we might have won this game, We are nnot getting the best from this team. Newport got plenty of crosses in and should have scored more. Poor tactics IMO. If we seriously want to get into the playoffs i dont see it.

13 points from 15... I'd say the tactics are just fine!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 119
chipsandgravy
February 23, 2019, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Blimey we have got some "wannabe sports journalists" on here havent we!
Whilst I value all opinions I dont agree we played poorly today. I know what poorly is and it wasnt today for me. That was several months under the bald one.
Can we play better...yes! Could we have lost it....yes. Could we have won it.....yes! Would we have deserved it....who cares!!
For me today was a perfect example of seeing the progress we have made and the progress we have yet to make. Two teams in the middle if the table in arguably the right positions but we are making progress slowly but surely. Great support today yet again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 119
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2019, 10:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club
Good point in the end.
Similar teams IMO .
Both a little short up front, both capable of moments of utterly awful defending.

If we are to play this contain and counter style we need genuine pace to deploy it, much prefer our higher press game.

Pitch seemed pretty bobbly today which didnt help some of our play.  When Dennis went through at 1-1 i thought there was only going to be one outcome but he fluffed his lines.

Macca a couple of good saves, the 1v1 he won on the stroke of half time was fantastic.... but again looking shaky on the crosses, Swindon scored, hit the post and put one over all from crosses flighted in and around the 6 yd line.  

Ohman...two crap challenges..two yellow cards all day long IMO but actually made us look a bit better...we have had plenty of practice at it i suppose.

A rare draw, another point, extended unbeaten, still in with an outside chance.   UTM

Bloody hell I wouldn't like to stand in your shadow. Their striker was tall - unless his stupid haircut made him look bigger.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 119
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon Town vs Grimsby Town: Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.