8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
February 20, 2019, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,135
Gold Stars: 102
Is it a rehash if the Quest interview?
Either way what a chippy little sharp object he is. “I felt there were people celebrating promotion that didn’t deserve to” and something along the lines of there being a couple of games where the team were unfairly criticised. The bloke has no class whatsoever.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
February 20, 2019, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Still having a dig at the fans.

Surprised he hasn't blamed the Ipswich fans yet.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
Azimuth
February 20, 2019, 9:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 60
Awful comments from a ex manager who is now out of work, if he cant take some critisism then he is in the wrong career!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2019, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The guy finished as he started.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
dapperz fun pub
February 20, 2019, 10:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
He will never get the luxury of six seasons at any club in the future .. perhaps he was the lucky one in truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
Mariner_09
February 20, 2019, 11:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
If you actually listened to whole interview, he described the away fans in particular as "outstanding" and that the vast majority of fans were very supportive. He then went on to say he left because the budget didn't increase significantly and he didn't get the off pitch stuff he wanted. He went out of his way to say that was nothing to do with a small majority of fans. Please stop this anti-Hurst, Hurst hating fans agenda, it's not true!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
Devonmatt
February 20, 2019, 11:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
https://twitter.com/NTT20Pod/status/1097885254113771520

Worth a listen.  As always, for me, speaks a lot of sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2019, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner_09
If you actually listened to whole interview, he described the away fans in particular as "outstanding" and that the vast majority of fans were very supportive. He then went on to say he left because the budget didn't increase significantly and he didn't get the off pitch stuff he wanted. He went out of his way to say that was nothing to do with a small majority of fans. Please stop this anti-Hurst, Hurst hating fans agenda, it's not true!

The point being made in this thread isn't that we thought Hurst left because of the fans (that is what our leader said). It's that the guy lacks class.

“I felt there were people celebrating promotion that didn’t deserve to”. What a fricking stupid thing to say. Even if people ate the time went over the top with criticism, the majority of them had been around a lot longer than Hurst and are still around supporting the club through thin and thin. The twerp has no right to say they didn't deserve to celebrate promotion.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Mariner Ronnie
February 20, 2019, 11:32pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Getting a bit boring now to be honest, he got us out that excrement league with shithole grounds and excrement dirty players, that’s all that matters now.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
Mariner_09
February 20, 2019, 11:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The point being made in this thread isn't that we thought Hurst left because of the fans (that is what our leader said). It's that the guy lacks class.

“I felt there were people celebrating promotion that didn’t deserve to”. What a fricking stupid thing to say. Even if people ate the time went over the top with criticism, the majority of them had been around a lot longer than Hurst and are still around supporting the club through thin and thin. The twerp has no right to say they didn't deserve to celebrate promotion.

The point for me is that he's the only manager in my lifetime who could be considered remotely successful (Jolley looks promising but hasn't actually achieved anything yet) and some still go on nit picking about his flaws. The way some people chanted on that awful day at Halifax or who booed when we lost the first leg against Braintree. He got us out of that wretched league and all that abuse, yes I will call it that, would grate any of us. I just wish some people would accept that he actually did a really good job!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst in the Telewag

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.