16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
February 20, 2019, 7:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Ps Fenty is a fan whatever you say about him. He obviously realises hes stumbled upon a gem in jolley.maybe,just maybe, he desperately  doesn't want to feck up and lose him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 153
arryarryarry
February 20, 2019, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have just watched the whole of the  Q+A   and was pleased with the openness of everything that was said,

John Fenty came over very well and even took the micky out of himself regarding his dress sense,

I have been one of his biggest critics in the past so I would like to say ( again ) I apologise for some of my posts in the past. As most on here know I do suffer with depression and while I am in a dark place I have come on here and go on and on about Fenty, I try to stay off here now when I feel a depression coming on.  .So  sorry  again to John and to the fishy people on here for boring you from time to time.

We are in good hands and until some Town fan with loads of money comes in and takes over John will have my full support

Micheal Jolley is special was said a few times and I agree we should enjoy him while he is here and support him the best we can like the board promise to do.

You should not need to apologise for anything you have said Pete.

John Fenty has deserved lots of criticism for the way he has run this club for the past 15 years or so. He has made some terrible decisions that led us finally to being relegated out of the Football League for 6 years and then after managing to get our way back in he made a huge mistake in bringing Slade back to the club that nearly led us again to falling out of the Football League.

For me he has a long way to go to make up for those disasters and only time will tell if he manages it and brings some success to the club.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 153
jamesgtfc
February 20, 2019, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
I was disappointed that Fenty seemed to take no blame over the debacle last year and instead blamed Matt Dean who was hosting. It could have blown up at this point but the Trust took the microphone and swiftly moved it on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 153
MuddyWaters
February 20, 2019, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from forza ivano
Maybe it's just me but I couldn't fault much of fentus logic last night. The fact that the trust reps made very clear on several occasions that he was being factually correct counted in his favour. If you listen to him he was keen to give a very full explanation of what happened and why. The fact that there was a previously unrecognised humility in admitting to previous mistakes only added to a positive meeting.long may humility thrive!

I believe it was telling that he used the phrase “my time has gone “ and admitted mistakes. Well said. We all make them and it takes balls to accept that you have.
It’s clear he feels that he can’t win the ‘keyboard warriors ‘ over. I don’t actually believe that’s true because most of us are/were only concerned about our club. What he said last night showed a side most of us had never seen. Fair play John.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 153
pizzzza
February 20, 2019, 9:12pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Watched it and yes, JF answered all the questions well to be fair.

But..., and its a wider point that I can level at both the club and the Trust, I couldn't help thinking throughout it all is why, in 2019, am I listening to a group consisting solely of middle aged white men?  All the talk of new ideas / fresh blood and no doubt both the club and the Trust wants to appeal to a greater demographic. Where is the diversity?
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 153
ska face
February 20, 2019, 9:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 820
Anyone know who this mysterious exile is that the club are working with? If you’re reading this, Fenty or exile, perhaps ask fans what they want before ploughing on with offers and plans.

What might be good for one person might not be good for the next. A fiver off a ticket might sway someone in Lord St, but it’s not much of a difference if you’re coming from London. A lift-sharing network, or club organised coach, might be more use than a blanket reduction in prices?

Who knows. Doesn’t hurt to ask though.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 153
toontown
February 20, 2019, 9:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Well middle aged white man would be a reasonable profile of our support in a overwhelmingly white area, with an aging population, for a sport that is significantly majority Male. So hardly surprising.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 153
toontown
February 20, 2019, 9:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Well middle aged white man would be a reasonable profile of our support in a overwhelmingly white area, with an aging population, for a sport that is significantly majority Male. So hardly surprising.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 153
SteffiMariner
February 20, 2019, 9:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from pizzzza
Watched it and yes, JF answered all the questions well to be fair.

But..., and its a wider point that I can level at both the club and the Trust, I couldn't help thinking throughout it all is why, in 2019, am I listening to a group consisting solely of middle aged white men?  All the talk of new ideas / fresh blood and no doubt both the club and the Trust wants to appeal to a greater demographic. Where is the diversity?

http://www.grimsbyinstitutegro.....rofileequalities.pdf

Check out the diversity of North East Lincolnshire here - bearing in mind 96.6% are white based, I'm not sure what other diversity the club could have. Football is a predominantly male based sport and to have women attend, whilst being wonderful, isn't just a problem that GTFC has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 153
moosey_club
February 20, 2019, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ska face
Anyone know who this mysterious exile is that the club are working with? If you’re reading this, Fenty or exile, perhaps ask fans what they want before ploughing on with offers and plans.

What might be good for one person might not be good for the next. A fiver off a ticket might sway someone in Lord St, but it’s not much of a difference if you’re coming from London. A lift-sharing network, or club organised coach, might be more use than a blanket reduction in prices?

Who knows. Doesn’t hurt to ask though.

i took it as being the exile was helping with ideas for potential exile offers....not advising on how to entice someone from the immediate area.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Open Evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.