16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
February 20, 2019, 8:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Well done to all involved. Wish I had gone.

Good to see fan engagement working and most of the news seems positive.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 153
Jarmo.Is.God
February 20, 2019, 8:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
It went well, a lot of questions got answered, yet I still see it flying around social media etc of 'fans' trying their hardest to shoot down Fenty, when in fact, last night was very good of him IMO, he doesn't need to do these events, and for me, I thank him for last night for attending, and answering the questions people wanted answering

Also well done to the Trust for organising a well planned night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 153
ska face
February 20, 2019, 9:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,612
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
It went well, a lot of questions got answered, yet I still see it flying around social media etc of 'fans' trying their hardest to shoot down Fenty, when in fact, last night was very good of him IMO, he doesn't need to do these events, and for me, I thank him for last night for attending, and answering the questions people wanted answering

Also well done to the Trust for organising a well planned night

There’s a middlebground to be found between that and your overly-deferential attitude towards him.

These things should be the absolute bare minimum that he does in terms of engagement, plus actually acting on what people have asked to see.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 153
Jarmo.Is.God
February 20, 2019, 9:52am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

There’s a middlebground to be found between that and your overly-deferential attitude towards him.

These things should be the absolute bare minimum that he does in terms of engagement, plus actually acting on what people have asked to see.

My point is, he is portrayed as being the worst owner in the EFL etc etc, when he really isn't.

I want new owners to push us on to the next level, but we haven't been sold yet for all the right reasons.

Some owners out there attend, 2-3 games a season, and don't give a toss.
Fenty is a Grimsby fan, and wants the best for the club, and whilst i don't agree with certain aspects of the way the club has been run over the past 7-8 years or whatever people see it as. He has also been the victim of abuse, some probably warranted, over recent years, yet still comes out and answers the fans questions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 153
MuddyWaters
February 20, 2019, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

My point is, he is portrayed as being the worst owner in the EFL etc etc, when he really isn't.

I want new owners to push us on to the next level, but we haven't been sold yet for all the right reasons.

Some owners out there attend, 2-3 games a season, and don't give a toss.
Fenty is a Grimsby fan, and wants the best for the club, and whilst i don't agree with certain aspects of the way the club has been run over the past 7-8 years or whatever people see it as. He has also been the victim of abuse, some probably warranted, over recent years, yet still comes out and answers the fans questions

Whilst I applaud him taking time to do last night, you simply can’t ignore the last fans forum, the comments about Operation Promotion and the worst period in the clubs history. There’s a middle ground out there somewhere but finding it should be the boards prerogative not Michael Jolleys.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 153
H19P1
February 20, 2019, 10:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Just a thought, will the trust be summarising the meeting with the key learning points?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 153
scott_gtfc_89
February 20, 2019, 11:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pizzzza

Think you needed to submit questions  before the event not after.

I knew it had already been submitted as a question so don’t be a cocky tw@t
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 153
barralad
February 20, 2019, 11:34am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst I applaud him taking time to do last night, you simply can’t ignore the last fans forum, the comments about Operation Promotion and the worst period in the clubs history. There’s a middle ground out there somewhere but finding it should be the boards prerogative not Michael Jolleys.

As someone who worked voluntarily for about 50 hours a week during and after Operation Promotion I was upset with the remarks about it...but a year on I've moved on which begs the question why can't others? I'd prefer to look to the future working with the club under the Memorandum of Understanding to the benefit hopefully of all supporters of GTFC.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 153
promotion plaice
February 20, 2019, 11:54am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 153
Jarmo.Is.God
February 20, 2019, 11:58am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

As someone who worked voluntarily for about 50 hours a week during and after Operation Promotion I was upset with the remarks about it...but a year on I've moved on which begs the question why can't others? I'd prefer to look to the future working with the club under the Memorandum of Understanding to the benefit hopefully of all supporters of GTFC.

Exactly!

Stuff happen, things move on.

P.s them 50 hours a week you put in are all worth it now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Open Evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.