16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
February 19, 2019, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Civvy at last

But surely we’ve gained 20 minutes by losing the PowerPoint presentation Russel Slade. 🤔

And at least 20 points

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 153
chipsandgravy
February 19, 2019, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is it that easy to look forward when so many questions from the past are left unanswered. Both the trust and the board haven’t answered the big questions asked of them in the last few years.

Last year’s Fans Forum was a horror show and lots of the same questions still remain.

It depends how much you want to look forward. I dont disagree with your sentiments at all. Last years Forum  nearly made me wash my hands with the club. All I ask is that we dont spend all the time this evening trying to get answers for the past when we could use it to dstermine our path for the with a squad and management team developing nicely and some decent soundbites about off the pitch as well. I do accept that some will still want there pound of flesh and many questions answering but to me its a waste now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 153
chipsandgravy
February 19, 2019, 5:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
*future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 153
Bigdog
February 19, 2019, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is it that easy to look forward when so many questions from the past are left unanswered. Both the trust and the board haven’t answered the big questions asked of them in the last few years.

Last year’s Fans Forum was a horror show and lots of the same questions still remain.

It will be interesting to hear the answers from JF tonight. Bear in mind he doesn't always speak the truth and quite willing to blame others for his own shortcomings or mistakes. "Fan's fault that Hurst left" came out of his lips only a year ago, yet it wasn't the truth. Listen to what Hurst said in the link below from 40 minutes onwards..

https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-pod-meets-paul-hurst

We can all be excited about how we are developing on the pitch, but that's all on Jolley's shoulders and ambitious managers get poached up to higher levels in the pyramid. If Jolley went in the summer, god forbid, what would we be left with? It's a scary thought, but our foundations are very thin and precarious.

A decent run of results and pretty pictures of a new stadium down Freemo coupled with yet again the willingness of the fanbase to offer so much goodwill to JF should not prevent JF from getting grilled regarding the future of the club off the pitch. Whatever Jolley is building, it's not going to be here forever and tonight is the chance for fans to press JF forensically about his off field vision for the club, backed up by a workable plan of action and how he's going to achieve it, and it's JF's duty to provide the fans with open and honest answers.. fingers crossed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 153
February 19, 2019, 6:35pm
Guest User
What’s the bets getting ‘pilloried’ will be brought up again. Why do I get the impression that tonight is about him and his desire to claim credit for the feel good factor returning!!
Reply: 24 - 153
lew chaterleys lover
February 19, 2019, 6:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Bigdog

It will be interesting to hear the answers from JF tonight. Bear in mind he doesn't always speak the truth and quite willing to blame others for his own shortcomings or mistakes. "Fan's fault that Hurst left" came out of his lips only a year ago, yet it wasn't the truth. Listen to what Hurst said in the link below from 40 minutes onwards..

https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-pod-meets-paul-hurst

We can all be excited about how we are developing on the pitch, but that's all on Jolley's shoulders and ambitious managers get poached up to higher levels in the pyramid. If Jolley went in the summer, god forbid, what would we be left with? It's a scary thought, but our foundations are very thin and precarious.

A decent run of results and pretty pictures of a new stadium down Freemo coupled with yet again the willingness of the fanbase to offer so much goodwill to JF should not prevent JF from getting grilled regarding the future of the club off the pitch. Whatever Jolley is building, it's not going to be here forever and tonight is the chance for fans to press JF forensically about his off field vision for the club, backed up by a workable plan of action and how he's going to achieve it, and it's JF's duty to provide the fans with open and honest answers.. fingers crossed..

That is an easy one to answer before the event even starts. He hasn't got a vision for the club. He has never had a vision for the club and he never will have a vision for the club.

If Jolley is poached we will back to square one.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 153
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 19, 2019, 7:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

That is an easy one to answer before the event even starts. He hasn't got a vision for the club. He has never had a vision for the club and he never will have a vision for the club.

If Jolley is poached we will back to square one.

Probably square minus one because he will take players with him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 153
KingstonMariner
February 19, 2019, 9:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad
For an event which has had a right panning on social media we have had absolutely masses of questions. It is therefore unlikely over a two hour period people asking multiple questions will get them all heard. The event is all about the future of GTFC so from a purely personal point of view as someone who will be attending I hope the focus is on what is to come-not on what has gone before.

Judge people on their actions. The best guide to that is what they've done. Obviously if they start changing what they do then you can re-appraise them. But they've got to change first.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 153
promotion plaice
February 19, 2019, 9:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Anyone got any info on how it went tonight ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 153
Fishy_fishtails
February 19, 2019, 10:06pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from promotion plaice

Anyone got any info on how it went tonight ?

Went very well. Informative and laid back. Nothing like the fans forum previously. 85 people in attendance. I believe it will be shown on the GTFC you tube channel tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Open Evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.