Jarmo.Is.God
February 16, 2019, 9:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Forget the first 10 where we got 5 points

We then went to Carlisle away, remember that?

Out form based on last 25 games, so includes 3 defeats to Oldham, Stevenage and Morecambe, puts us in 6th place, that's based on every teams last 25 games

Go to last 15 games, which dates back to November and that impressive 2-2 draw away to Northampton, and includes a 4 game losing streak, we are 2nd, only Bury have done better than us.

This proves to me that we had a slow start, which we got over, and blip, which I think the Palace game took a lot out of the boys and lost the 3 games after, yet we still would be 2nd from the last 15

Something is happening here, something special, and we are going unnoticed, which is perfect for us, would love a top half finish, get rid of a couple more, and we are well on our way to where we want to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
paulgtfc
February 16, 2019, 9:21pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Nice one for this, v heartening (trusting ya figures are right lol).

The Northampton comeback x 2 was a fantastic effort at a time when we were only a few pts off the bottom two.  The performance second half belied that league position and its been fantastic to see us kick on  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2019, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If you take our form over the previous 13 games and carry that over to the remaining 13, we’d get 24 more points to end up with 70. Probably not enough to get in the play offs.

Stevenage grabbing a late equaliser against the Gimps didn’t do us any favours really. As satisfying as it is to see the neighbours slip up, I doubt they’ll implode enough to miss out on promotion. I would quite happily see any of the top three hammer the teams between us and them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
toontown
February 17, 2019, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Personally I was delighted at the late collapse of the gimps, couldnt help but find it amusing. It's highly unlikely they will screw up enough to finish outside of the top 3 but still possible so that was enough for me to enjoy that result, knowing the gimps would be wailing about it and looking over their shoulders that little bit more nervously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2019, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from toontown
Personally I was delighted at the late collapse of the gimps, couldnt help but find it amusing. It's highly unlikely they will screw up enough to finish outside of the top 3 but still possible so that was enough for me to enjoy that result, knowing the gimps would be wailing about it and looking over their shoulders that little bit more nervously.

So your hatred of Lincoln trumps your love of Town. Surely it’d be better if our rivals for a play off place didn’t pick up any points.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
lukeo
February 17, 2019, 11:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,303
Gold Stars: 135
I'd rather see Lincoln beat teams between us and say 5th spot. Gives us more of a chance of getting in the play offs, albeit it is a big ask.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
promotion plaice
February 17, 2019, 11:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Just noticed our present points tally (46) and goal difference (-2) would have kept us up last season  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
toontown
February 17, 2019, 11:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
I don't look at it like that at all. If we are going to get in the top 7 we are going to have to surge past teams above stevenage, so I wouldn't be too worried about their result in one game. Whereas every game Lincoln play I will  be looking out for them choking, sadly it probably wont happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2019, 7:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I think we need to win 9 of our last 13 to reach the play-offs. Big ask? Yes. Impossible? No.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Poojah
February 18, 2019, 7:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think we need to win 9 of our last 13 to reach the play-offs. Big ask? Yes. Impossible? No.

Well, 9 of our remaining 13 games are against sides currently with the same or fewer points on the board than us, so the run in is relatively kind in that sense.

I’ve felt all along that we’ve left ourselves too much to do, but a win at Swindon combined with some favourable results elsewhere might just change that.

Either way, I’m not stressing about it too much. When you look at our form over the last 20 games or so (even without accounting for that ‘wobble’ at the start of the year when the squad was so badly stretched), the fact that we have a side already virtually tied down for next season and a manager who’s overall game plan and recruitment skills appear to be increasingly sound, there’s massive room for optimism whether we make the top 7 or not this season.

I haven’t enjoyed being a Town fan very often since returning to the league, but I am right now.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
RonMariner
February 18, 2019, 10:19am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
I share Poojah's sentiments.

We may or may not sneak into a playoff spot this year, but it would be great to be challenging from the off next season and seeing us fighting for a top three place.

For once, I don't think we are going to give all our rivals a big head start next season. Too often in recent years we have been playing catch up. I'd rather spend a season among the pace setters.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
rancido
February 18, 2019, 4:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just noticed our present points tally (46) and goal difference (-2) would have kept us up last season  

I think our goal difference could be the deciding factor between us getting a play-off place and just falling short.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2019, 9:33pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from toontown
I don't look at it like that at all. If we are going to get in the top 7 we are going to have to surge past teams above stevenage, so I wouldn't be too worried about their result in one game. Whereas every game Lincoln play I will  be looking out for them choking, sadly it probably wont happen.

It could well come down to that one game's result, and as you admit, Lincoln probably won't choke that much. It comes down to simple arithmetic.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
jock dock tower
February 18, 2019, 9:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The important thing, were we to miss out on the play offs but finish well, is to carry on the momentum for next season. Back the manager, as he's shown he's more than capable, and look at innovative ways of getting fans back into BP on a regular basis. Oh, and a friendly at Auchinleck Talbot pre season please!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2019, 9:53pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower
The important thing, were we to miss out on the play offs but finish well, is to carry on the momentum for next season. Back the manager, as he's shown he's more than capable, and look at innovative ways of getting fans back into BP on a regular basis. Oh, and a friendly at Auchinleck Talbot pre season please!

I wouldn't be surpised if we do end up with a friendly somewhere where they call for the polis when there's been a mörda  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.