RonMariner
February 18, 2019, 10:19am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
I share Poojah's sentiments.

We may or may not sneak into a playoff spot this year, but it would be great to be challenging from the off next season and seeing us fighting for a top three place.

For once, I don't think we are going to give all our rivals a big head start next season. Too often in recent years we have been playing catch up. I'd rather spend a season among the pace setters.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
rancido
February 18, 2019, 4:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just noticed our present points tally (46) and goal difference (-2) would have kept us up last season  

I think our goal difference could be the deciding factor between us getting a play-off place and just falling short.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2019, 9:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from toontown
I don't look at it like that at all. If we are going to get in the top 7 we are going to have to surge past teams above stevenage, so I wouldn't be too worried about their result in one game. Whereas every game Lincoln play I will  be looking out for them choking, sadly it probably wont happen.

It could well come down to that one game's result, and as you admit, Lincoln probably won't choke that much. It comes down to simple arithmetic.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
jock dock tower
February 18, 2019, 9:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The important thing, were we to miss out on the play offs but finish well, is to carry on the momentum for next season. Back the manager, as he's shown he's more than capable, and look at innovative ways of getting fans back into BP on a regular basis. Oh, and a friendly at Auchinleck Talbot pre season please!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2019, 9:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower
The important thing, were we to miss out on the play offs but finish well, is to carry on the momentum for next season. Back the manager, as he's shown he's more than capable, and look at innovative ways of getting fans back into BP on a regular basis. Oh, and a friendly at Auchinleck Talbot pre season please!

I wouldn't be surpised if we do end up with a friendly somewhere where they call for the polis when there's been a mörda  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.