5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
February 16, 2019, 8:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Ref seemed to be a bit of a mixture, falling for their players falling over, but letting clear shoves in Town players backs go. He did wise up to it eventually though.

The rumpus in front of the find us was because Cook was fouled and laying prone on the ground when their no. 24 kicked him in the back in front of the linesman.
The linesman brought it to the attention of the ref who only gave him a yellow. How it was not violent conduct and a straight red I don't  know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 16, 2019, 8:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Type of game you get during a season and when you win them the garden is rosy but lose them and we are crap, boring and play hoof ball.

Listening to Stuart McCAll sounds like Scunthorpe game exactly the same but they lost, tough luck. Bounce looked lively and I think we need to give Cheltenham some credit as they worked very hard and gave us no room to play.

In all honesty one of those games when town could not string three passes together and no player seemed to be able to control the ball which MJ put down to the pitch which I agree did contribute.

Anyway we won the local pub was full of miserable Chimps bemoaning giving away. 2-0 lead with minutes to go so life is not without its little pleasures!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
lukeo
February 16, 2019, 8:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from pizzzza
Was pleasantly surprised at the attendance today. Managed to add 1000+ over the previous home game. Amazing what a few wins can do.

Hope I am wrong but I swear see someone mention somewhere that local football teams can take their player and a parent for £13? Or did I dream it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
HertsGTFC
February 16, 2019, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Not pretty and a bit frustrating considering that for once there was no real wind and the day was set for getting the ball down. That said really pleased with a functional 3 points.

Loathed to admit it but Cheltenham did a good job on Elliot and nuetralused our wide stacking threat to an extent that it meant that in reality the game was always going to be a grind.

Regardless of who their manager is there’s something I really despise about Cheltenham as their culture appears to be all about cheating and cynicism at every opportunity they have. The lad who ran his studs over Cook whilst he was on the floor should have been sent off, again weak officiating!

All the players worked really hard even if our passing wasn’t great the work rate off the ball and evident versatility earnt the points today.

Hess definitely MOM he’s a great competitor, has a really good engine and reminds me of Joe Waters when he has the ball at his feet.

In a poor game I don’t think any Town player had a bad game. Mentions in despatches for the front 2, Woolley, Ludwig and RHJ who for a relatively small CB dealt with the ariel stuff pretty well

Regardless of the quality on show Town’s approach won the day and the points. I also think MJ got his changes right at the right time and I absolutely get Davis in mid field for the closing stages.

Like I say the lads showed their versatility today and deserve a pat on the back as well as 3 points.

UTM!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
sydney
February 16, 2019, 11:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
That was a good performance in a different way
Players fed off the crowd knowing we wanted to beat these cheats any way (hate them)
Well done Town on a really gritty workmanlike win
Honourable mentions
Hess MoM easy
Ring
Ohman
Thomas
Can we get a result at Swindon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
arryarryarry
February 16, 2019, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Tough game to watch and probably to play in.

I thought they did a bit of a job on us today and especially Embleton who hardly had a touch. They looked a tough side but from the manager down they were a complete set of five knuckle shufflers.

At the end of the day just thankful for the 3 points and beating those tw*ts.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Theimperialcoroner
February 16, 2019, 11:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,175
Gold Stars: 102
Agree with most of what’s been said. Only need to add how good Collins was today. My MOM

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Marinerz93
February 16, 2019, 11:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
I’m buying a few cans tonight intercourse it.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qSR9bjc.jpg[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
Abdul19
February 17, 2019, 7:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
Nice run. Only conceded once in 4 games (and that was a consolation).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2019, 8:33am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Bit of a dull game. Frustrating that we couldn’t get the ball down and play. I could give credit to Cheltenham for that. But I won’t, the dirty, snide cheating scum. Stampiones indeed.

Town worked hard. Ludvig MOTM for me - put me in mind of Chris Nicol the way he headed everything. I thought Macca only had one save to make but my daughter thought it was going wide anyway.

Nice to see that ship with the wind turbine pylons go past. Surprised they move them upright.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.