5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
February 16, 2019, 6:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,075
Gold Stars: 18
Thought Cook was very good again today and our upturn in form has coincided with Hess hitting form and pulling the strings in midfield looks a quality player for this level..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
jimgtfc
February 16, 2019, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
Actually quite pleased we managed to win a scrappy game, a few months back we’d probably only taken a point at best from that. It shows that we really are progressing as a side.

Not an awful lot to say about the game in truth. Hess was excellent and must’ve covered every blade of grass, Cookie worked his backside off and Ludwig Öhman would head a breeze block if someone threw one at him.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
MuddyWaters
February 16, 2019, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jimgtfc
Actually quite pleased we managed to win a scrappy game, a few months back we’d probably only taken a point at best from that. It shows that we really are progressing as a side.

Not an awful lot to say about the game in truth. Hess was excellent and must’ve covered every blade of grass, Cookie worked his backside off and Ludwig Öhman would head a breeze block if someone threw one at him.

Well, according to today's Telegraph reporter ratings, Cooky gets a 6 and Harry Clifton a 7. Now I'm not saying Harry was shite but that was as good as I've seen Cook - loads of good stuff offensively & defensively.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
pizzzza
February 16, 2019, 7:34pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Was pleasantly surprised at the attendance today. Managed to add 1000+ over the previous home game. Amazing what a few wins can do.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
Badger57
February 16, 2019, 7:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Game was dull as dishwater but we got the points. Because defenses were completely on top my MOM goes to Ludwig who was absolutely tremendous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Mrs Doyle
February 16, 2019, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from pizzzza
Was pleasantly surprised at the attendance today. Managed to add 1000+ over the previous home game. Amazing what a few wins can do.

Great minutes applause for Gordon Banks.

Also nice to see Livo there and George Kerr with Burnsey in the main stand things are starting to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
MarinerDevil
February 16, 2019, 8:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,732
Gold Stars: 80
Great to finally beat them at home in front of a decent crowd.  The game itself was pretty dire in all honesty, the pitch was dry and uneven which produced a scrappy dogfight between two evenly-matched teams.  

Cheltenham looked to play fairly aggressively and press us high which definitely aided in breaking up our play.  We couldn't attack with any method and our playmakers were restricted to a game of kick-and-chase.  No individual had an afternoon to be ashamed of: Cook was lively, Hess was dogged and energetic and defensively we looked pretty secure.  I don't think we have the players for a 3-5-2 system though as we don't possess wing backs that can effectively aid attacking play.  Both are sound defensively and are disciplined with their positioning but I only saw Ring look to hurt them going forward once all game.  Something to work on.

Play-offs remain tantalisingly in reach and we have a decent run-in so the remainder of the season could be quite exciting.  I'd happily take our current position though and look to improve next season.  

Great to see Livvo back at BP.  

Something good happening Monday perhaps?  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
Mendonca1995
February 16, 2019, 8:13pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Great minutes applause for Gordon Banks.

Also nice to see Livo there and George Kerr with Burnsey in the main stand things are starting to happen.

I spoke to Livvo today and I asked him about the testimonial he said it was out of his hands but that he would love the opportunity to come back and play with all the old players, he seemed to enjoy every minute being back today I said the fans were doing what they could to get him the testimonial and he said he’s had lots of people message him etc regarding it and that he was very grateful to the fans a top guy and still looks like a warrior lol

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
sonofmadeleymariner
February 16, 2019, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Thought Cook was very good again today and our upturn in form has coincided with Hess hitting form and pulling the strings in midfield looks a quality player for this level..

I thought he was very poor, gave the ball away loads, out of position alot and kept running into trouble apart from a few break aways while playing off the shoulder earlier on in the game he was very ineffectual apart from being fouled.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
moosey_club
February 16, 2019, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
great to beat Cheltenham who as normal started their gamesmanship from the off...funny how after they stall the game at every opportunity, fall over, hold onto the ball at opposition free kicks/ throw ins , that as the game went on they were running and fetching the ball to Macca for goal kicks.  

Gritty performance, Hess was superb today, pretty sure Macca didnt make a save which indicates how tight we have become at the back of late.

Shame Dennis didnt make it 2-0 when he scuffed that shot but watching him you can see he is a different entity to what we have elsewhere, his positioning and approach to playing is all about getting behind the defender on his blind side, Cook and Thomas seem to play in front of the defender, a great weapon to bring on against a tiring defense.

Must say i thought the ref handled the Cheltenham approach pretty well, didnt fall for their falling over tactics too often and often waving them to get up, nice to see.

Not pretty on the eye but still alot to admire in the performances.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.