5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 16, 2019, 5:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Very attritional game, mostly played out in midfield by both sides, with Cheltenham matching us shape wise and both sides cancelling each other out. Not the best game of football you will ever see, and to be fair, a draw would have been about right, but it's Cheltenham, so who cares about fair?

Neither keeper were unduly troubled but what sniffs of chances there were came our way. Thomas put a good Ring cross wide early on, and Dennis got on the end of a flick on, but got his contact all wrong. The Thomas penalty looked like the correct decision from where i was sat, and he buries it in the corner, with the keeper almost getting a full hand to it. Doesn't look like a natural pen taker to me. Missed one and scored two streaky ones so far, but if they go in, they count and that's another three very welcome points, and the play offs draw closer.

MOM was given to Hess, and i wouldn't argue with that but i would have awarded to the defence collectively. Macca had hardly anything to do all game.

Onward and upward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
February 16, 2019, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I thought we were a bit excrement today. Luckily, they were shitter. They had the better of it in midfield for much of the game but didn't create anything despite the space. Embleton way off his game and the forwards didn't get much joy either. Luckily, the defence bailed them out. What's wrong with Clifton at the moment? Came off the bench but looked right out of sorts. Is he struggling with an injury still?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
Mariner Ronnie
February 16, 2019, 5:53pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I’m buying a few cans tonight intercourse it.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
promotion plaice
February 16, 2019, 5:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Great win today when not at our best.

Pleasantly surprised we got a crowd of just short of 5,000 today.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
LH
February 16, 2019, 5:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
The sort of game we’d have managed to find a way to lose last season. Not a lot to say about it really other than I thought the penalty looked soft. There was a shout in the second half that looked more clear cut to me so that probably balanced out. Starting to look closely at the play-off contenders fixtures now and I can’t wait for the League Cup first round draw.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
Mrs Doyle
February 16, 2019, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Both played 3,5,2. and cancelled each other out glad we finally got that monkey off our back with a ugly win.

Must say never seen M.J. as animated as that at the final whistle he really wanted that one.

The officials seemed to miss a few things not sure what happened near the findus stand but the player looked fortunate to only get a yellow by the reaction of the crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
barralad
February 16, 2019, 6:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
It looks like we might be getting a reputation as a side who like to get the ball down and play and as a consequence I think we'll see a lot of teams coming here to try to disrupt that. Cheltenham did it well enough today with some falling over and niggly tackling. I'd have liked to have been closer to the incident where their lad was booked for the confrontation with Hess(?) because it looked like a deliberate kick on someone laid on the floor to me in the Pontoon.
Not a lot of goalmouth action at either end really. Defensively we were superb. Ohman is a giant at this level and reminds me so much of Mark Lever when he first made the team. I cannot recall him having lost a header since he's been here.
Hessenthaler has been brilliant for us since Christmas and was everywhere today. Must be a candidate for POTY.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
ginnywings
February 16, 2019, 6:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Their No 24 kicked/stamped Cook in the back. Could easily have been sent off, and after consulting with the lino, the ref gave a yellow for some reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
Mrs Doyle
February 16, 2019, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I thought Ludvic also put in a commanding display today and Ring did not disgrace himself either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
kamakazebear
February 16, 2019, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Absolutely loved beating such a shithouse of a club. Not under Gary Johnson anymore and they don't have Pell but clearly the club culture of cheating lives on.

Raglan deserves banning for that kick and Waters has the biggest case of little man syndrome I've ever seen.

The fact that it probably should have been a draw makes me all the more smugger to come away with 3 points, more than had we won 4-0.

To the conference with them please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.