This thread currently has 14,520 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
February 12, 2019, 9:31am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
I'd be willing to accept payments via Paypal if we decided to go for this.

I'm sure that I can be trusted to look after the money having ran The Fishy Buster for a number of years.

Edit...

Having said that I've just had a quick look on Ebay and bidding is currently at £700 so not sure if we'd be able to raise enough to top that!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mic.....SwYXVcYXIP:rk:1:pf:0

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 95
LH
February 12, 2019, 9:36am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'd be willing to accept payments via Paypal if we decided to go for this.

I'm sure that I can be trusted to look after the money having ran The Fishy Buster for a number of years.

That quote made me doubt you for a second there, Les!

Another idea I’ve thought of is if everyone stated how much their pledge would be by PM or something and then approach the club with a silent bid of a total. It may be gazzumped by the actual auction I suppose but theres been a number of people declare interest and with a bit of help with twitter and facebook we could better the current bid.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 95
Mikey_345
February 12, 2019, 9:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,271
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from LH

That quote made me doubt you for a second there, Les!

Another idea I’ve thought of is if everyone stated how much their pledge would be by PM or something and then approach the club with a silent bid of a total. It may be gazzumped by the actual auction I suppose but theres been a number of people declare interest and with a bit of help with twitter and facebook we could better the current bid.

I think best idea is to put bid via EBay, as don’t think the club will remove from eBay as it may affect them with people wondering if they’ll do the same and take other items down in the future.

Might be wise to say all money raised will go to Fisherman’s mission in any case win or lose, seen as that’s the reason he’s donated his award in the first place.

Happy to help spread the word via Facebook twitter etc

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 95
GrimRob
February 12, 2019, 1:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
How about we all send PMs to Les with an amount and it will give him a starting value? I have sent mine to him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 95
Rodley Mariner
February 12, 2019, 1:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
PM sent to Les
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 95
Les Brechin
February 12, 2019, 1:26pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from GrimRob
How about we all send PMs to Les with an amount and it will give him a starting value? I have sent mine to him.

Cheers Rob.

We'll see how much we can raise but I will be surprised if we manage to top the £700 it currently stands at.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 95
Mikey_345
February 12, 2019, 2:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,271
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GrimRob

Problem is pledges and actual donations maybe two completely different numbers.

Also if we did this we’d probably get more by putting on Facebook twitter etc and not everyone’s on the fishy unfortunately.

Maybe we can say we are collecting for fisherman’s mission and winning the auction is a bonus?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 95
RonMariner
February 12, 2019, 2:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
A suggestion.

Why don't we start contributing to Les via paypal as he suggests. Then we will add whatever we raise to the auction proceeds and the entire amount is then given to the Mission?

That way the Mission will get both amounts instead of just one if we won the auction?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 95
GrimRob
February 12, 2019, 2:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mikey_345

Problem is pledges and actual donations maybe two completely different numbers.

Also if we did this we’d probably get more by putting on Facebook twitter etc and not everyone’s on the fishy unfortunately.

Maybe we can say we are collecting for fisherman’s mission and winning the auction is a bonus?

I imagine actual donations will exceed pledges. What happens is if it gets close to the asking amount is we can make a bid for it and then recoup the money afterwards. I am happy to make up some of the shorttfall if we're confident we can reach the target sum through a wider appeal.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 95
jock dock tower
February 12, 2019, 2:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The above makes sense. Don't forget you have to win the bid so no point bidding on it without having sufficient funds in the first instance. Why not set up a crowd funding page on Facebook? We've done it at Auchinleck Talbot to help with finding the necessary finance for floodlights, and we've raised just under £4 k in a month. We'd actually got £2k in the first two days - they tend to slow down after the initial burst. But make it dual edged so if sufficient funds aren't raised to win the plaque the money goes to the FM regardless.

https://www.justgiving.com/cro.....wFZFWpPP97onRF6HeZQc

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ebay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.