Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back, Where Is It.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 348 Guests

Just Back, Where Is It.

This thread currently has 10,896 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerWY
February 9, 2019, 9:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
A bit of a damp squib game and atmosphere today.  We played well and got the result without even having to get out of 2nd gear. We were quite wasteful in front of goal and in possession and could have had a lot more than 3.

MoM, difficult one but I'd go for RHJ.

To comfortably win without having to get out of second gear is the sign of a strong team. No negative spin on that for me.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
A.l.f.
February 9, 2019, 9:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Back at our hotel after what was a fairly comfortable win.  We shuld have won by more, however Macca made 2 or 3 good stops.  The 3-5-2 worked a treat today and Hendrie i thought was excellent and my Man of the match, just ahead of RHJ, but all did well in a real team performance.
Thought the locals were welcoming and our away support amazing given how long a trip it is here.
Our passing was good and i liked our pressing.
Kristian Dennis looked good when he came on and took his goal well.
Something is happening here guys - we are starting to look like a solid team and have lots of options now that we almost have a fully fit squad.
On to Cheltenham at BP and if we can win that, Swindon away should have a decent away following the week after.  Onwards and upwards.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2019, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from A.l.f.
Back at our hotel after what was a fairly comfortable win.  We shuld have won by more, however Macca made 2 or 3 good stops.  The 3-5-2 worked a treat today and Hendrie i thought was excellent and my Man of the match, just ahead of RHJ, but all did well in a real team performance.
Thought the locals were welcoming and our away support amazing given how long a trip it is here.
Our passing was good and i liked our pressing.
Kristian Dennis looked good when he came on and took his goal well.
Something is happening here guys - we are starting to look like a solid team and have lots of options now that we almost have a fully fit squad.
On to Cheltenham at BP and if we can win that, Swindon away should have a decent away following the week after.  Onwards and upwards.
UTM

I just hope in the close season we keep the likes of RHJ, Whitmore, Davis and either Dennis or Thomas

Then again I thought Jolley did a great job in the Jan window so who knows what this summer could bring.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
devon mariner
February 9, 2019, 9:52pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
Back in Torquay.. easy win really over a poor side. They huffed and puffed but although Macca had to make a couple of saves they never were going to win this. We dominated and played some lovely triangles but it was a bit  tedious at times. Really won at a stroll against a poor foundering team in a craphole stadium. The only noise I heard from home support was after they scored and asking for their manager to leave

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
acko338
February 9, 2019, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Praise to all travelling supporters - always giving their all as the "12th man".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
Oly1987
February 9, 2019, 11:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
nice finish from the lad on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
RonMariner
February 9, 2019, 11:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,664
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Oly1987

If we sign Dennis permanently I think I might finally get over losing Podge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
Northbank Mariner
February 10, 2019, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from RonMariner

If we sign Dennis permanently I think I might finally get over losing Podge.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Dennis and I expect MJ could already be doing something in the background re a contract for him as I think we'll lose Wes in the summer, and if I'm honest, as a pure striker I rate Dennis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Poojah
February 10, 2019, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Oly1987

It was a great finish, but I think what was more impressive was the timing of the run and first touch. To have that much time and space whilst remaining onside is a sign of real quality.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2019, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Dennis and I expect MJ could already be doing something in the background re a contract for him as I think we'll lose Wes in the summer, and if I'm honest, as a pure striker I rate Dennis.

Ask yourself why did MJ sign Dennis? When no doubt he does not come cheap is stories about his Notts County salary are to be believed.

Why spend a good chunk of the budget if you didn't think you could get him permanently? ............... Or was it just that he'd contribute to a lat play off surge?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back, Where Is It.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.