Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

John Fenty Says........

This thread currently has 13,137 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
February 12, 2019, 9:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Let's get back to Freemo please.

Both sides are trenched in; Brexiteers won't be swayed and neither will Remainers. I'm pro-Brexit but don't expect a Remainer to be swayed over any points I make.

There's a big thread in non-football for all this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
Limerick Mariner
February 12, 2019, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ska face

The opposition have tabled motions to extend A50, keep the option of a second referendum and have even proposed a deal that is supported by the EU. All of these have been voted down or knocked back by the Tories who care about nothing but keeping their party together and keeping their jobs.

How much time and effort has been wasted by people punching left rather than challenging the actual government? 2 & half years by my count.

I agree but I don't blame the Tories - it is like blaming a fox for eating the pet bunny rabbit...

Enough Tories defected to get Yvette Cooper's amendments through - but over 20 labour MPs backed the government or abstained. The so-called "leader" of opposition gave half-baked support for it late in the day - no 3 line whip and no disciplinary action against the MPs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
Rik e B
February 12, 2019, 9:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
This way politics posse

[url]https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1541671032/s-160/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
Ipswin
February 13, 2019, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

As Adam mentioned Grimsby Docks is a scheduled stop on the Barton train only.

As regards TPE they don't stop at many stations. I catch a train to London from Howden (when it runs) but TPE don't stop there.

40 years since I caught a train in Grimsby or Cleethorpes but can someone enlighten me what bis the point of the Barton train stopping at Docks or rather why doesn't anything else. Is there a huge passenger base travelling from Gy Docks to Barton for some reason?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
GrimRob
February 13, 2019, 1:22pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Ipswin

40 years since I caught a train in Grimsby or Cleethorpes but can someone enlighten me what bis the point of the Barton train stopping at Docks or rather why doesn't anything else. Is there a huge passenger base travelling from Gy Docks to Barton for some reason?

I think you'll find its mainly used for freight.  To keep it open as a passenger station something needs to stop there and as the Barton one is a sopping service it's the obvious one. According to Wikipedia one early morning train from Scunthorpe to Cleethorpes also calls there.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 75
Trawler
February 13, 2019, 1:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

Yep massive......They are all en route to Docks Beers.

It's just over the footbridge from the station.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.