Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 182 Guests

John Fenty Says........

This thread currently has 13,075 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
February 12, 2019, 4:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Worry not, on March 29th we'll stop paying them billions for them to give us millions back.

If you think any of that will make it's way up North,you are deluded.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
fishboyUTM
February 12, 2019, 5:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from friskneymariner

If you think any of that will make it's way up North,you are deluded.

You're right. The streets of Latvia, Romania and the like are now paved with gold. Used to be such fleapits before they joined the EU. We've paid for it while our public hedges now contrain wilderbeast, our bins are emptied once a year and our roads are crumbling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2019, 6:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fishboyUTM

You're right. The streets of Latvia, Romania and the like are now paved with gold. Used to be such fleapits before they joined the EU. We've paid for it while our public hedges now contrain wilderbeast, our bins are emptied once a year and our roads are crumbling.

Wake up. How is it that countries like Germany, NL and the Nordics manage to be net contributors to the EU yet manage to maintain public services at a high standard, people are not living off food bank handouts and yet they still cope with new immigration? It's got F.ALL to do with the EU and everything to do with the kind of governments we keep electing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
hheh2
February 12, 2019, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wake up. How is it that countries like Germany, NL and the Nordics manage to be net contributors to the EU yet manage to maintain public services at a high standard, people are not living off food bank handouts and yet they still cope with new immigration? It's got F.ALL to do with the EU and everything to do with the kind of governments we keep electing.

That's because the EU is a germanic superstate. You're right on the government thing though.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
Maringer
February 12, 2019, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
That'll be a surprise to the French, Spanish, Italians, Poles etc etc etc.

The Euro is a shiteshow run for the benefit of Germany, France and Benelux (to the detriment of the PIIGS countries) but the EU is not the Eurozone.

We're leaving the world's largest, wealthiest and most successful trading bloc and it will cost us dearly in financial terms.

It's the young I feel sorry for. Not allowed to vote in the referendum but their rights (and many benefits) as EU citizens ripped away from them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
rancido
February 12, 2019, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from Maringer
That'll be a surprise to the French, Spanish, Italians, Poles etc etc etc.

The Euro is a shiteshow run for the benefit of Germany, France and Benelux (to the detriment of the PIIGS countries) but the EU is not the Eurozone.

We're leaving the world's largest, wealthiest and most successful trading bloc and it will cost us dearly in financial terms.

It's the young I feel sorry for. Not allowed to vote in the referendum but their rights (and many benefits) as EU citizens ripped away from them.

Yes but the EU want all member states to adopt the Euro and I'm sure that will eventually happen.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2019, 8:24pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from hheh2

That's because the EU is a germanic superstate. You're right on the government thing though.

That's because those countries have policies and practices which promote the well-being of their populations. They try to make sure as many people as possible benefit from the wealth created, without becoming Marxist economies. It's got absolutely FA to do with the EU.

We could talk about why the Danes managed to pay their fishermen compensation when their fleet had to be downsized, and why it took 30 years to do anything for ours (by when half the people had passed on and many of the others were suffering from years of hardship and ill health). How you have to be resident in Denmark to own a property - rich foreigners cannot buy to let or buy to leave as happens here. Or talk about how the German state owns its railways and post and they can then run services in the UK (yet according to some, the EU will not allow our government to). How they all manage to keep their streets clean despite having gone through the financial crash, and having to prop up the weaker Eurozone countries.

But go on blaming other countries for our woes and we'll just carry on in the same old ways.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2019, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
However badly run anyone might think the EU is, then we are far worse. Mrs Mayhem has had 30 months to sort this and has failed this country miserably. Brexit robs today’s young people of many of the freedom we have taken for granted.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2019, 8:41pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
However badly run anyone might think the EU is, then we are far worse. Mrs Mayhem has had 30 months to sort this and has failed this country miserably. Brexit robs today’s young people of many of the freedom we have taken for granted.

And it's all such a big effing waste of time by politicians, civil servants and businesses when there are so many problems left unattended. All for uncertain outcomes based on vague statements about how we can be great again and constantly redrawn lines when each one is knocked down.*

* 'we can do a Norway'. But they're still in the Single Market and make budget contributions. 'Oh we can sing free trade agreement'. Only if we give the EU commitments on no subsidies and adherence to EU standards. 'Oh we can use WTO terms'.  Well yes but we have no protection against protectionist regulations and bureaucracy and everything will cost more unless we decide unilaterally not to impose tariffs and expose our own industry to unfair competition. And it doesn't cover services, which we are good at exporting. 'Never mind. We've already got plenty of experience running food banks.'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
PB
February 12, 2019, 8:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +256
Gold Stars: 3

NON FOOTBALL?
🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.