Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

John Fenty Says........

This thread currently has 13,131 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
February 10, 2019, 5:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Good idea for a park and ride,  York has 6 separate park and ride routes.  It has the same population - but more visitors.  

York is predominantly a tourist based city with various attractions open all year round ( National Railway Museum, Yorvik Centre and two or three museums ). It attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world , especially the USA, China and Japan. There is no way you could describe Grimsby as a tourist attraction and certainly the limited town shopping centre hardly attracts hordes of out of town shoppers. IMO  this whole approach to a park-and-ride has been " overbigged". I know it was mentioned when the Great Coates site was proposed but that would have been a completely different situation because the site itself would have been an attraction with several retail outlets.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2019, 5:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner
We could apply for E.U. regional grants,oh just a minute.

The Red Cross Brigade are annoyed. People don’t like to be reminded of exes they’ve dumped.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
arryarryarry
February 10, 2019, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Irrespective of the stadium project isn't it time this town had a park and ride?

Even a site like the old Tioxide site would make an excellent park and ride just off the A180 now the Novartis site is soon to be vacant this could be linked up to the rail (already in place) and bus service it could be a winner.

Just an idea I realise the site will probably be used (as a car park Ironically) to store New cars off the dock but a park and ride could help alleviate the traffic problems that many have protested about as the reason why a football stadium would not work.

Busses could be run to freemo and top town.

Think Lincoln, Nottingham, Hull, York etc. it can and does work.

I'm not sure you can include Grimsby with the likes of Nottingham, Hull, York and Leeds. Do that many visitors come down the A180 to shop in Grimsby and there is no way we should be advising anyone to go anywhere near Freeman Street currently, the last time I went down there it was full of drunks and druggies.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2019, 7:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Just do a Park and ride on match days depending on who we host and how many tickets they sell?

Visitors by rail? Could they not just get off at New Clee if it’s still there? 20 min walk to Freemo max!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
Grim74
February 10, 2019, 7:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
We could apply for E.U. regional grants,oh just a minute.

With a bit of luck after the 29th of March we could cut out the dodgy middle man and apply to source.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
Gaffer58
February 10, 2019, 7:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Grim74

With a bit of luck after the 29th of March we could cut out the dodgy middle man and apply to source.

Ah, you mean spend our country's money on our country, what a stupid idea, will never catch on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2019, 7:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74

Best chance for that is if it looks like Corbyn is going to get into power and put pressure on Maggie May to spend money in areas like Grimsby.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
friskneymariner
February 10, 2019, 7:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Grim74

Or perhaps have a 2nd referendum with Michael Jolley leading the remain campaign,if only to watch Ipswin implode.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
Barrattstander
February 10, 2019, 7:38pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +868
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Visitors by rail? Could they not just get off at New Clee if it’s still there? 20 min walk to Freemo max!

Or even Grimsby Docks station ! 200 yards from Freeman Street straight down Kent Street.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
Ipswin
February 10, 2019, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Or perhaps have a 2nd referendum with Michael Jolley leading the remain campaign,if only to watch Ipswin implode.

For the opportunity of a second referendum and a chance to reverse the first one I'd take Jolley, Slade or even Hitler to lead the campaign so long as remain won the fornicator in fact I'd vote Jolley manager of the century

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.