Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

John Fenty Says........

This thread currently has 13,132 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
February 9, 2019, 10:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Negative again.
Where is the can do attitude that is needed for the new ground that is so badly needed.
The sooner someone with a clear vision comes in for Fenty the better.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 75
Kris2
February 9, 2019, 10:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Positivity and pipe dreams don't build a new stadium. Just because people think something is a good idea it doesn't make things happen. What's needed is a backer with the finances and know how to make it happen, not just to build a stadium but to deliver on regeneration and new businesses in the area. Fenty and the board don't have the money, the council certainly doesn't have the budget and I'm pretty sure the free men and women of Grimsby don't have the money and know how for the project either. It's good that people are campaigning to regenerate the area and knock down some of those eyesores that have been standing derelict for years but until major backers come in with the money and ideas then I don't see more than a few people making a nice video.

I think people are quick to jump on the back of something and support it just because it fits their own dreams and ideals. I'm not being negative just looking at things from a real perspective.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 75
Mrs Doyle
February 10, 2019, 12:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The sale of the land Blundell Park stands on must make some money albeit not the greatest area to live in, so the club may have some monies available to go towards a new stadium as Fenty illuded to.

Grants are available from various sources for regeneration of inner-city schemes and If a big hitter like Ibis hotels came on board this would be another major coup.

Who knows this could work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 75
NorthseaMariner
February 10, 2019, 5:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Just asking, don’t know if anyone can answer, but is there sufficient room for car parking? Just asking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 75
H19P1
February 10, 2019, 7:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Just asking, don’t know if anyone can answer, but is there sufficient room for car parking? Just asking.

Under the flyover there's a car park space for many
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 75
Mrs Doyle
February 10, 2019, 7:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Depends on how big they want one. There is plenty of land close by that could be used for match days via a shuttle park and ride say.  It needs a good planner to look at this, the opportunity to drag this town into the 21st century is there but they need more than just a vision to make it happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 75
golfer
February 10, 2019, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Kris2
Positivity and pipe dreams don't build a new stadium. Just because people think something is a good idea it doesn't make things happen. What's needed is a backer with the finances and know how to make it happen, not just to build a stadium but to deliver on regeneration and new businesses in the area. Fenty and the board don't have the money, the council certainly doesn't have the budget and I'm pretty sure the free men and women of Grimsby don't have the money and know how for the project either. It's good that people are campaigning to regenerate the area and knock down some of those eyesores that have been standing derelict for years but until major backers come in with the money and ideas then I don't see more than a few people making a nice video.

I think people are quick to jump on the back of something and support it just because it fits their own dreams and ideals. I'm not being negative just looking at things from a real perspective.

Couldn't have said it better. There could be something taking place behind the scenes and not wanting publicity until something "concrete" materialises.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2019, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Kris2

Yep - that bit has been proven by Peaks Parkway.

The Estadio del Freemo project is far more than a concrete monolith in a field though. The real perspective is that there's more to this than Grimsby Town and John Fenty - that's why it feels right and ticks more boxes for more people.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 75
ginnywings
February 10, 2019, 9:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
There is Government money to regenerate the East Marsh, we know that much, and nothing has been ruled in or out as yet. There is also a company who are looking to build some houses down Eleanor Street, that are keen to build around the tower block site also. Football stadia have been used as a catalyst in other towns to kick start the regeneration process, and if the council think it's a good way to move forward, i'm sure other big companies can be persuaded to join in.

It seems the old Grimsby mantra's of " i just can't see it happening" and "where is the money going to come from?" have already raised their heads. Christ, we are a negative lot round here. Where do you think the money came from for other stadiums in run down areas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 75
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2019, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
As someone who grew up in that very part of Town I'd love to see new life breathed into the area.

I know many of us have very fond memories of what Freemo and surrounding streets used to be like especially on a busy Saturday, It will never be like that again but could be something good if those who have the means came together to make it happen.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty Says........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.