7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2019, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
In all honesty, after the comments in the 'off piste' interview, I don't think I could support another campaign whilst the club's major shareholder was in situ. In truth, what the fans did was show their loyalty & commitment - something that appears to have been under-estimated.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
Rick12
February 7, 2019, 11:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Nutsy
Is another operation promotion a terrible idea? Didn't know a lot about the last one but it maybe a good idea to launch us and Jolley
Not for me.First time around it was a God send due to us being in the conference.Now it doesnt have the same ring due to us being a league club.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
H19P1
February 8, 2019, 6:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
It’s got the potential to work completely different to last time.

There’s been some great ideas on this thread.

These ideas could be listed and sent to the trust for the club to give us indicative costs and priority.

Once we’ve got these figures then we can choose which one to take forward into fundraising.

However I must make it clear that the trust will not solely set up the fundraising this time and it will need a volunteer to be the main go to person with the trusts support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
KingstonMariner
February 8, 2019, 12:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from H19P1
It’s got the potential to work completely different to last time.

There’s been some great ideas on this thread.

These ideas could be listed and sent to the trust for the club to give us indicative costs and priority.

Once we’ve got these figures then we can choose which one to take forward into fundraising.

However I must make it clear that the trust will not solely set up the fundraising this time and it will need a volunteer to be the main go to person with the trusts support.

Now where's that lad who did it last time?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
H19P1
February 8, 2019, 12:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Don't know but I'm sure someone on here knows him. That'll be the perfect starting point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
barralad
February 8, 2019, 5:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The undoubted mastermind behind the original Operation Promotion was Bax. If that blueprint is repeated then you will need a very strong admin. team as the work was of frightening volume. If I'm honest I would strongly advise not going down that particular type of fundraising...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
Rik e B
February 8, 2019, 6:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Personally I don't really think it's appropriate right now. There's an us and them mentality between the heirachy and the fans right now and it needs us all singing from the same hymn sheet. That the club considered it a pain in the arris last time puts me off for starters, though I'd love to contribute it'd feel better if the club was fan owned, we had a fair say or at least we all pulled together instead of the current dictatorship and 'Shut up' attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
TheRealJohnLewis
February 8, 2019, 6:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
What about Op Livvo as I don't think the club will pull through.  Contribute what you would be willing to pay to watch Livvo's testimonial and the money goes straight to him.  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
Gaffer58
February 8, 2019, 6:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,095
Gold Stars: 31
Hyperthetically we did one and it raised £100k, now we're in the league could the club accept it and not infringe FFP rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
rancido
February 9, 2019, 1:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face
Operation Promotion was successful because it sold a dream. Nobody dreams about fixing the shitey old floodlights.

If they want to be fixed, they should sack the ground manager and use his wage to do it given that he’s let them get to this stage.

As far as " shitey old floodlights " is concerned , without them the club can't stage matches - simple as that! It's also got nothing to do with the ground manager. Age and corrosion will always take their toll on metal structures The metal structures are old and , as far as I know , have been condemned for use after the end of this season. They were second hand when we originally got them and I do believe the existing structures date from 1960 . The club maybe eligible for a grant from the FL or FA and it is worth noting that the supporters club paid for their upgrade in 1960.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Operation Promotion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.