This thread currently has 3,976 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinersOnTheUp
February 7, 2019, 12:06am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Although it may seem early I really think we need to look at getting season tickets on sale now for next season, lower the prices and really push for sales. The earlier the better. When I say push for sales I mean we need to really publicise them, not just tweet about them and offer a discount on a shirt. Many clubs do begin selling them at this time of year and I can only see it as a good thing.

I know there'll be some that try and argue that people who want one will get one regardless of when they go on sale but I strongly disagree. I think the earlier we get them available and really push for sales with media campaigns and publicity the better. Grimsby Town relies on fan income to survive more than only 5 other profession clubs in the country (news article from earlier this season). It's essential for the clubs long term future that without more substantial investment we increase attendances as a matter of urgency.  

No excuses from the board about printers messing up or anything else. Let's actually think ahead for once and get season tickets for next season on sale. Maybe even offer something like buy a season ticket for next season now and get a discount on our remaining home games. Leaving it until June to get them on sale is not good enough and not the approach we should take!

We're living within our means which is one thing but we're not living within our means well. I feel like there's so much more the club could do to attract and retain fans, getting season tickets on sale early just a start.

I don't see why we can't be ambitious and set the target at 5k for a change and push that in the media rather than the usual 3k target. Ok we may not exactly reach  5k but setting a higher target and pushing for that number will go half way towards us selling more than we normally do!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
GYinScuntland
February 7, 2019, 1:58am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
I take it you thought of copying in the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
February 7, 2019, 4:12am
Guest User
Great idea!! Especially on the back of the Freemo ideas, coupled with the ‘Jolley effect!!’
Reply: 2 - 28
lukeo
February 7, 2019, 7:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
I assume the reason Bradford do it is because they have a massive stadium and the incentives they give allow them to be able to do it. An example being they're offering fans to pay £50 up front to secure your seat then to pay £10 per match, realistically we probably can't do that. But I do agree I can't see why we can't start selling them now, might only shift 100 or 200 but that money is sat in the clubs bank for an extra 6-8 months which will gain a little interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
diehardmariner
February 7, 2019, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

I know there'll be some that try and argue that people who want one will get one regardless of when they go on sale but I strongly disagree. I think the earlier we get them available and really push for sales with media campaigns and publicity the better. Grimsby Town relies on fan income to survive more than only 5 other profession clubs in the country (news article from earlier this season). It's essential for the clubs long term future that without more substantial investment we increase attendances as a matter of urgency.  

No excuses from the board about printers messing up or anything else. Let's actually think ahead for once and get season tickets for next season on sale. Maybe even offer something like buy a season ticket for next season now and get a discount on our remaining home games. Leaving it until June to get them on sale is not good enough and not the approach we should take!

Completely agree. The club has absolutely nothing to lose by putting season tickets on sale now, it won't cost them any sales.  Worst case scenario the ticket sales remain the same.  The attitude highlighted in bold is exactly why we've stagnated when it's come to sales, because the club have the mindset that the 2,500 usual mugs will rock up with their £300 regardless.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
1mickylyons
February 7, 2019, 9:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from diehardmariner

Completely agree. The club has absolutely nothing to lose by putting season tickets on sale now, it won't cost them any sales.  Worst case scenario the ticket sales remain the same.  The attitude highlighted in bold is exactly why we've stagnated when it's come to sales, because the club have the mindset that the 2,500 usual mugs will rock up with their £300 regardless.

Tried and trusted format for 40 years and all the while using the same exercise book to write down the seat numbers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Croxton
February 7, 2019, 9:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Certainly not too early to think outside the box. At the risk of repeating myself, the demographic we must target more is/are young families. Old duffers like me don't necessarily need shirt vouchers but I would willingly pass mine on again to count as a reduction on someones family ticket. Is ticket sharing a thing anywhere? Looking at other clubs' ideas is a start. Perhaps the Trust could chat to the SLO?  Can Mr Wraith tell us the average age of Season ticket holders and target a reduction of say, 2/3 years per year, over the next 5 seasons? We are too wrinkly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
lew chaterleys lover
February 7, 2019, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
People who do not normally buy a season ticket are not going to buy one because we diehards are excited about the way the team has played for the last couple of games.

They will need some big incentives. Firstly if we can have an exciting and productive end to the season, and perhaps, more importantly, the club gets behind the Freeman Street idea 100% - people will not buy into empty promises.

Get some momentum and then really strike whilst the iron is hot (or at least getting warmer)  and I agree to go all out to increase our average attendances.

Early and significant signings in the summer, news on the stadium and a feeling we are at last on the upturn would be the platform to shift more tickets.

The biggest factor would be a new board, but if this is not going to happen then the existing one need to get their fingers out.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
moosey_club
February 7, 2019, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Although it may seem early I really think we need to look at getting season tickets on sale now for next season, lower the prices and really push for sales. The earlier the better. When I say push for sales I mean we need to really publicise them, not just tweet about them and offer a discount on a shirt. Many clubs do begin selling them at this time of year and I can only see it as a good thing.

We're living within our means which is one thing but we're not living within our means well. I feel like there's so much more the club could do to attract and retain fans, getting season tickets on sale early just a start.

I don't see why we can't be ambitious and set the target at 5k for a change and push that in the media rather than the usual 3k target. Ok we may not exactly reach  5k but setting a higher target and pushing for that number will go half way towards us selling more than we normally do!

We don't know what League we will be in so how can we sell them ?  Is the first response.  
At least wait til we get 50 + points.....but then if we reach 60+ points rapidly and stand a chance of play offs, Wembley...promotion.....the club will raise the prices so cant possibly sell now for that reason either...   

I am sure the club are already putting several scenario's together behind the scenes ready to launch a brand new strategy for shifting additional tickets for next season......none of which include a big book, a pencil, a rubber and prices frozen if you renew before June July oh alright then extended again until August. ...no really, i am sure they are.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
1mickylyons
February 7, 2019, 10:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Croxton
Certainly not too early to think outside the box. At the risk of repeating myself, the demographic we must target more is/are young families. Old duffers like me don't necessarily need shirt vouchers but I would willingly pass mine on again to count as a reduction on someones family ticket. Is ticket sharing a thing anywhere? Looking at other clubs' ideas is a start. Perhaps the Trust could chat to the SLO?  Can Mr Wraith tell us the average age of Season ticket holders and target a reduction of say, 2/3 years per year, over the next 5 seasons? We are too wrinkly!

I don`t think Mr Wraith wants to do anything other than what he normally does in relation to selling season tickets is my impression?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 19/20 Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.