13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 6, 2019, 7:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I’d let him call it the “john ‘everyones favourite chairman’ fenty stadium”, if he got it built down freemo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 127
moosey_club
February 6, 2019, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And I was looking forward to singing 'walking to the Fentydome...to see the Jolley's aces....'

Nah - I wasn't really  

nah....a bit of Frankie inspiration..

The club is my oyster ..hahahahaha
the Fishy is winding me up
the council call..
the Freeman call...
in Freeman St did JF
a football dome not erect
not moving on not moving on nooo
moving at 1 mile per hour
using my power
hour by hour
i have it so i dont market it
you really cant afford it
shooting stars never stop
even when they reach the top
shooting stars never stop
even when they reach the top
there goes another investor
what a pushover yeah..
BP's still home
until i build the Fentydome
dont want Freemo
BP's falling in a hole
dont want Freemo
i only want the Fentydome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfHKgcTaU_4

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 127
Grim74
February 6, 2019, 7:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Please please not the A180 it will be absolutely soulless. I’ve now come around to the Freemo idea  having watched the clip of what could become.
Also like the idea mentioned above of the peaks parkway development to still go ahead with a sports complex/village  ice arena etc with a GTFC training academy, ok it will never happen but I can dream.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 127
always grimsby
February 6, 2019, 7:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +273
Gold Stars: 7
I would love it to be there
But I have been told by a portfolio holder on the council that towns ground will be at least another 5yrs away and certainly not on the east marsh (freemo) I just wish the Tories (Fentys lot) and labour and liberal Dems (De Freitas lot) could get together for the sake of the town and gtfc supporters get on a common ground and make things happen !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 127
hheh2
February 6, 2019, 7:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
New stadium is one thing but the Town desperately needs a retail district representative of the 21st century.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 127
moosey_club
February 6, 2019, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from hheh2
New stadium is one thing but the Town desperately needs a retail district representative of the 21st century.

its got one...every other towns high streets are full of empty units and pound shops so we are up there with the best of them for that.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 127
rancido
February 6, 2019, 7:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Meza
JF does want out doesn't he? So why would he care where its built, ah unless he gets him 2 mill

Would that be the 2 million he lent the club to keep it going? Prior to JF coming on the scene the only person I know of in the whole history of GTFC to lend the club any money was DR .And allegedly , he wanted it paying back immediately once he left the club. I also don't know of anybody in our history , before JF , who gifted the club any large sums of money either. The money for the Pontoon Stand, Joe Waters and Ivano all came from the supporters - no Chairmen or Board members stumping up the cash then ( either loans or gifts ).

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 127
mariner91
February 6, 2019, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from rancido

Would that be the 2 million he lent the club to keep it going? Prior to JF coming on the scene the only person I know of in the whole history of GTFC to lend the club any money was DR .And allegedly , he wanted it paying back immediately once he left the club. I also don't know of anybody in our history , before JF , who gifted the club any large sums of money either. The money for the Pontoon Stand, Joe Waters and Ivano all came from the supporters - no Chairmen or Board members stumping up the cash then ( either loans or gifts ).

Should the fans demand from him the untold millions he's cost the club through his mismanagement? Each season outside the FL would have cost the club a minimum of £500K so that's £3million just from the wilderness years.

There's an idea, we'll take off the money he's loaned the club from the amount his poor chairmanship has cost it and he can leave with everybody happy. So if he gives us £1million we'll call it quits and we can finally be shot of him.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 127
arryarryarry
February 6, 2019, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club
More blah blah blah fking blah....

all of the links, statements all stem from other people aside from the one person who has the biggest say..JF...he doesnt want Freemo so he would have to be bought into moving there...and i dont see any of the regeneration or Freeman's  money being spent on "convincing" JF to jump aboard.

The other as yet mystery option...although the statements did include A180 as a clue which is something not mentioned before.. is my one to watch.

All that these statements and visions do for my money is cloud the issue and probably set us back even further in the process.

Looking forward to buying my cheap rate pensioner season ticket for our first season in the Fentydome. Hope the new stadia will provide tartan blankets and allow matching tartan flasks in unhindered.

Oh come on, anyone would think we've been promised a new ground for nearly 25 years.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 127
H19P1
February 6, 2019, 8:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Great come and get me PR video from Freeman’s 👍 just need GTFC to take action and respond publicly to where they stand.

Looks like Freeman’s have made the first move so let’s hope GTFC won’t be silent and come out fighting.

Feels like we’re moving in the right direction Stadium wise but can’t help feeling that’s it’s a long way off.

Fenty meeting may prove pivotal 🤔🙏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freemo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.