barralad
February 9, 2019, 1:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Davec

Couldn't the trust do something about trying to buy those shares or atleast a portion of those shares back? atleast ask JF how much he would want and then set about wit a plan on how to raise that money.

If the Trust wanted to go down the route of buying shares we wouldn't need to ask J.F. to sell us any of his.
With respect Aaron you've made your views on how bad you think the Trust is very clear on here. Perhaps if you actually joined it would a. Be easier to get your view across from within and B. Your membership fee would help boost our coffers.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 127
Davec
February 9, 2019, 1:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from barralad

If the Trust wanted to go down the route of buying shares we wouldn't need to ask J.F. to sell us any of his.
With respect Aaron you've made your views on how bad you think the Trust is very clear on here. Perhaps if you actually joined it would a. Be easier to get your view across from within and B. Your membership fee would help boost our coffers.

I just don't think they have much say really in the club at all, as others have mentioned on this thread and other threads the board see the trust as a hindrance rather than a help, like Fenty saying Operation Promotion was the worst thing ever to happen when several people worked really hard put in loads of hours for that only not to be unappreciated by Fenty and the board, The checkatrade trophy where the trust were not consulted. The meeting about Russell Slade when Jon Wood passionately put across why he thought Slade should have been sacked but he was not listened too because the decision was already made before he had chance to have a say.

That is why I am not a member because I think the trust do work very hard and try their best but the club board don't exactly take them seriously. I will be impressed if the trust publicly back the new stadium drawings on Freeman Street in an attempt to try and force the clubs hand.

I think the trust are at a crossroads and need to go in a new direction, which direction that is I do not know and before people tell me to join the trust board I do not have relevant skills or experience to do that although I am good at Administrative Duties but I think it takes more than just admin skills to make a difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 127
arryarryarry
February 9, 2019, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

It was over 7 years ago but I genuinely cannot remember discussing endorsement of either side. As I've said the Trust Board at that time were very split on the best way forward.

I spoke to a board member at the time and he suggested to me that the members should vote to hand over the shares but I don't know what the other board members suggested if they did.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 127
KingstonMariner
February 9, 2019, 5:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec

I just don't think they have much say really in the club at all, as others have mentioned on this thread and other threads the board see the trust as a hindrance rather than a help, like Fenty saying Operation Promotion was the worst thing ever to happen when several people worked really hard put in loads of hours for that only not to be unappreciated by Fenty and the board, The checkatrade trophy where the trust were not consulted. The meeting about Russell Slade when Jon Wood passionately put across why he thought Slade should have been sacked but he was not listened too because the decision was already made before he had chance to have a say.

That is why I am not a member because I think the trust do work very hard and try their best but the club board don't exactly take them seriously. I will be impressed if the trust publicly back the new stadium drawings on Freeman Street in an attempt to try and force the clubs hand.

I think the trust are at a crossroads and need to go in a new direction, which direction that is I do not know and before people tell me to join the trust board I do not have relevant skills or experience to do that although I am good at Administrative Duties but I think it takes more than just admin skills to make a difference.

Hey Aaron, don't you think if more people joined we'd have more influence? The way to respond to a defeat or knock back isn't to give up, which is effectively what you're doing, but re-double your efforts snd work to make your side better. The Trust, and therefore the supporters, will never have influence if they don't join together.

I agree, the Trust needs to go in a new direction. t the moment it doesn't feel equipped or willing to take over the club or a more leading role. It needs more people with a radical vision.

Everyone's efforts count. Plenty of people want to be chiefs, but I bet more Indians would be welcome. You can make a difference.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 127
ginnywings
February 9, 2019, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Hey Aaron, don't you think if more people joined we'd have more influence? The way to respond to a defeat or knock back isn't to give up, which is effectively what you're doing, but re-double your efforts snd work to make your side better. The Trust, and therefore the supporters, will never have influence if they don't join together.

I agree, the Trust needs to go in a new direction. t the moment it doesn't feel equipped or willing to take over the club or a more leading role. It needs more people with a radical vision.

Everyone's efforts count. Plenty of people want to be chiefs, but I bet more Indians would be welcome. You can make a difference.

What you doing on here? Shouldn't you be on your nuptials?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 127
realist
February 9, 2019, 5:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Maybe the Trust should conduct a survey and act on the results
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 127
barralad
February 9, 2019, 5:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

I spoke to a board member at the time and he suggested to me that the members should vote to hand over the shares but I don't know what the other board members suggested if they did.

Fair comment. I think there may have been individuals advocating either option. I'm not sure that it was formalised into an official position. The whole business cost us the services of a couple of board members who would have had a great deal to offer

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 127
KingstonMariner
February 9, 2019, 6:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

What you doing on here? Shouldn't you be on your nuptials?

Well, when you've been together as long as we have I wasn't expecting to be taking advantage of my full rights of access. Small do only immediate family. Low maintenance wife.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 127
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freemo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.