GYinScuntland
February 8, 2019, 12:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from diehardmariner

Could say the same about Glanford Park.   There was nothing around there when it was first built, now it's one of the (if not the) busiest areas in Scunthorpe.

Except on matchday  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 127
1mickylyons
February 8, 2019, 12:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Davec
We can apply for funding from the FA and various agencies and as mentioned above we should be pro-active approaching big global organisations with a view to partner up with them.

With a little bit of work and effort the funding can be found.

I repeat what I said the other day, we need a statement from the Trust publicly backing a new stadium at Freeman Street.

You may well get a statement from the Trust publicly backing it BUT can`t see this happening til the GTFC Board do likewise unless the Trust Board member can persuade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 127
wuffing
February 8, 2019, 1:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
I have a dream. I have a dream that one day all man will be equal and that we shall all be walking side by side down Freeman Street towards the fantastically-built new home of the Mariners, via the Wellington Arms after a pint or two, where the club originally formed.

I will be marvelling at all of the memorabilia, which adorns the Welly walls, whilst chatting fervently with my fellow ilk about the new positive vibrancy which the Stadium has brought to the area. I will be proud as punch that the visiting fans find their match day experience so positive and that the park and ride on the docks scheme (thanks ABP.) is so easy for them.

I have a dream that the architects know exactly what is required of the design, as they are a local firm and are fans of the team as well. And I dream that JF gets on board with all of the goodwill that is going about as regards this new forward-thinking enterprise, that we all come together and put a bit of pride back in our one flourishing town, to put a little bit of great back into Grimsby.

Yes, I have a dream. AND I WANT TO GET THERE WITH YOU.

(Excerpts taken from Martin Luther King, all rights reserved)

Should I get me coat?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 127
Rik e B
February 8, 2019, 3:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
No, that was quite nice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 127
ginnywings
February 8, 2019, 3:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Ipswin

This.

Anything at all that can increase the pressure on Fenty. It won't count for much of course as Fenty never takes any notice of the Trust and they carry no weight at all in reality but every little helps and the Trust are of course supposed to represent the fans and their loyalties are supposed to lie with them not the board, unless of course they don't have the balls to stand up to Fenty. Come out and publicly disagree with him just this once please.

Think that's a tad unfair on the Trust. They have opposed the majority board view in the past, but they only have one vote, so if the others on the board decide to go the other way, there's not much they can do. I am sure they were against the Chicken Tray Trophy for instance, but the board voted for it anyway. That's democracy, but i get what you are saying, in that i think most on the board would tend to vote the same way. The Trust can give their opinion as the fans reps, but the rest of the board can outvote them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 127
Rik e B
February 8, 2019, 8:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Truth be told they fecked off to Portugal sipping free champagne and voted in favour without The Trust, or its representative on the board having the foggiest as to what was going on. Where was the democracy there? And it clearly shows the high esteem the Trust are (not) held in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 127
MuddyWaters
February 8, 2019, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

Think that's a tad unfair on the Trust. They have opposed the majority board view in the past, but they only have one vote, so if the others on the board decide to go the other way, there's not much they can do. I am sure they were against the Chicken Tray Trophy for instance, but the board voted for it anyway. That's democracy, but i get what you are saying, in that i think most on the board would tend to vote the same way. The Trust can give their opinion as the fans reps, but the rest of the board can outvote them.

Goes back to the share vote thing again, Trust members voted away the opportunity to hold the major shareholder to account and, for whatever reasons Mr F held sway. Ever since, the Trust board have been pretty powerless.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 127
KingstonMariner
February 8, 2019, 10:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Goes back to the share vote thing again, Trust members voted away the opportunity to hold the major shareholder to account and, for whatever reasons Mr F held sway. Ever since, the Trust board have been pretty powerless.

Exactly. Golden opportunity missed.

Hopefully the membership will never let it happen again.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 127
H19P1
February 9, 2019, 9:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Is Fenty actually turning a corner by openly supporting the Freeman St location? (telewag report).

Can only be a positive can it not?

🤞🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 127
dapperz fun pub
February 9, 2019, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
He also said everyone as got to be on the same page , which translates into very doubtful this will happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freemo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.