5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
February 4, 2019, 6:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think this bodes well for next season.

The players are beginning to understand what the manager wants of them. It will make a change to not have a summer of total wholesale change and about a dozen new guys to fit in. Having the continuity should be a big benefit. You have to give the board some credit for once for backing the manager and having some foresight to get players under contract for more than 1 year deals.

3 or 4 quality additions (and by that I mean players pushing to start not just to fill up the squad numbers) and we should be looking to push on and have a right go. The nucleus is there already.

We hopefully wont be biting our finger nails at the end of this season as things look. Personally I think the play offs are out of reach though not impossible but lets finish the season strong and really have some self belief over the summer that next season will be a successful one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Youngy
February 4, 2019, 7:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Quoted from Ipswin

One year yes.

And as far as Jolley is concerned I gave him full credit for last season's escape.(look back and check if you want) but this season is a new start, he's had two transfer windows, it can't be Slade's fault much longer (that excuse is getting as hairy around the edges as the ITV digital money)  so he's got it all to prove and I still don't think he's the right man (I think I am still entitle to an opinion on that unless of course the Fishy police have passed a law that says I can't)

My belief that Jolley is not going to be our Messiah who takes us to Div 3 or even Div 2 is every bit as valid as that of the nutters who think he's going to be the best thing ever for GTFC and that Bogle was going to play for England

Don't you like being right? You're a lying fornicator if you say otherwise

Oh, and I'm not convinced about Ring and Dennis either, yes I know it's too soon but again some are already going on about what great signings they are. Truth is we don't know yet

Who is saying anything is Slades fault now? We have scored more points after 31 games then we did after 41 last season and slowly starting to play nice football. Don't think anybody is blaming Slade anymore.

Being right or watching my team do well? I'll get far more happiness from the latter.

So from 10 minutes on Saturday your convinced Dennis is a poor signing? Brilliant. Wish you were chief scout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Ipswin
February 4, 2019, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from friskneymariner
Ipswin do you think with this increasing awareness of mental health problems to refer to people as nutters?

If you are someone who regards those with mental health problems as 'nutters' then yes, my use of the term is probably out of order in your opinion.

I however do not subscribe to that way of thinking so my use of the term is in no way incorrect.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Ipswin
February 4, 2019, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Youngy

Who is saying anything is Slades fault now?  Don't think anybody is blaming Slade anymore.

So from 10 minutes on Saturday your convinced Dennis is a poor signing? Brilliant. Wish you were chief scout.

There are still constant references on here to Slade and his awful tenure, it will be like the ITV money and Fenty's time at the helm, it will be brought up forever whenever things go mammaries up

I have checked and I can't find where I said Dennis was a poor signing. I said I wasn't convinced about him (being a good signing) As you point out after just 10 minutes no one can be sure whether its a good signing or a poor one, perhaps those getting all excited about it last week should take note too

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
friskneymariner
February 4, 2019, 7:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Ipswin

If you are someone who regards those with mental health problems as 'nutters' then yes, my use of the term is probably out of order in your opinion.

I however do not subscribe to that way of thinking so my use of the term is in no way incorrect.

When I was working I adopted a rule not get into arguments with stupid people,think I will adopt that principle now.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Ipswin
February 4, 2019, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

When I was working I adopted a rule not get into arguments with stupid people,think I will adopt that principle now.

You had a job?

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2019, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

One year yes.

And as far as Jolley is concerned I gave him full credit for last season's escape.(look back and check if you want) but this season is a new start, he's had two transfer windows, it can't be Slade's fault much longer (that excuse is getting as hairy around the edges as the ITV digital money)  so he's got it all to prove and I still don't think he's the right man (I think I am still entitle to an opinion on that unless of course the Fishy police have passed a law that says I can't)

My belief that Jolley is not going to be our Messiah who takes us to Div 3 or even Div 2 is every bit as valid as that of the nutters who think he's going to be the best thing ever for GTFC and that Bogle was going to play for England

Don't you like being right? You're a lying fornicator if you say otherwise

Oh, and I'm not convinced about Ring and Dennis either, yes I know it's too soon but again some are already going on about what great signings they are. Truth is we don't know yet

I had my doubts about Ring but, based on the improvement in just three weeks, then he'll be better than Fox or Dixon. Regarding Dennis, 15 minutes isn't long enough to judge anybody but he was right on the spot to tap in Wooly's cross if Demetriou hadn't done it for him.

What puzzles me is how you don't see the improvement that MJ is making. I was very worried post-Morecambe I admit. But I'm also happy to admit that I was wrong - we look a different side now - how many times have you seen us since then?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 4, 2019, 8:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Thought Ring showed excellent technical ability on Saturday and also made some well timed tackles. Looks like he is still a bit short of match practice but I remain optimistic.

I am always of the opinion that I need to see someone have around a dozen games before deciding if they are good or bad signings, then like a Rob Jones they prove you wrong the next season!!!

Early indicators are Swedish lads will be good signings and one touch from Dennis was sublime and he was in the right place to score if need be on Saturday. Too early to tell but if his arrival gets Cook scoring its job done anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2019, 8:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Apart from Collins & JJ I’d be talking to the others now.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Grantley
February 4, 2019, 9:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
This means we have a very boring May and June coming up!

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2018/19 contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.