Ipswin
February 4, 2019, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Youngy

People don't slag you off because you have an opposite view, people slag you off because it seems you are determined to be proved right about things (especially Jolley) and don't seem to give him any credit whatsoever.

Would you have given Rose a new contract then?

One year yes.

And as far as Jolley is concerned I gave him full credit for last season's escape.(look back and check if you want) but this season is a new start, he's had two transfer windows, it can't be Slade's fault much longer (that excuse is getting as hairy around the edges as the ITV digital money)  so he's got it all to prove and I still don't think he's the right man (I think I am still entitle to an opinion on that unless of course the Fishy police have passed a law that says I can't)

My belief that Jolley is not going to be our Messiah who takes us to Div 3 or even Div 2 is every bit as valid as that of the nutters who think he's going to be the best thing ever for GTFC and that Bogle was going to play for England

Don't you like being right? You're a lying fornicator if you say otherwise

Oh, and I'm not convinced about Ring and Dennis either, yes I know it's too soon but again some are already going on about what great signings they are. Truth is we don't know yet

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Croxton
February 4, 2019, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Keep all but JJ. If no coaching/ scouting role for Collins then possibly him too. As for M Rose, we have lots of cover for midfield when Whitehouse and Max Wright return. If Welsh's deal was up in May it may have been him but he has another year.
Mitch will slot in nicely for the right back berth at County. Good luck to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
hheh2
February 4, 2019, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Ipswin

One year yes.

And as far as Jolley is concerned I gave him full credit for last season's escape.(look back and check if you want) but this season is a new start, he's had two transfer windows, it can't be Slade's fault much longer (that excuse is getting as hairy around the edges as the ITV digital money)  so he's got it all to prove and I still don't think he's the right man (I think I am still entitle to an opinion on that unless of course the Fishy police have passed a law that says I can't)

My belief that Jolley is not going to be our Messiah who takes us to Div 3 or even Div 2 is every bit as valid as that of the nutters who think he's going to be the best thing ever for GTFC and that Bogle was going to play for England

Don't you like being right? You're a lying fornicator if you say otherwise

Oh, and I'm not convinced about Ring and Dennis either, yes I know it's too soon but again some are already going on about what great signings they are. Truth is we don't know yet

Ring looked really comfortable on Sat remember he's only 23 and settling in in a new country. Personally I think he needs to improve his defensive play but he offers so much when attacking, he takes set pieces and never flunked one of them.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
rancido
February 4, 2019, 5:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
I’d keep all by JJ,

Think DC could become a decent coach so wouldn’t be surprised if he is a player/coach next season could be room on the staff wage budget from AF leaving last year and that would mean having a extra emergency defender not on the player wage budget available.

Woolford has done enough to be given another year and could be a good backup player.

I can't see the point in keeping DC if it's just on the premise that he might make a decent coach. As far as as a defender is concerned then I'm sure he can be replaced with a young centre back with potential that MJ can develop.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
friskneymariner
February 4, 2019, 5:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Ipswin do you think with this increasing awareness of mental health problems to refer to people as nutters?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Ipswin
February 4, 2019, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from friskneymariner
Ipswin do you think with this increasing awareness of mental health problems to refer to people as nutters?

Do I think what? Your question doesn't make sense

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
Mendonca1995
February 4, 2019, 6:19pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
We do have a very young up and coming team it would 100% be a good thing to offer Collins a coach/emergency player contract he has so much valuable experience at the highest levels barring maybe welsh wooly there’s not that much experience in the squad (excuse me if I’ve missed anyone else out) we do need those type of role models etc to help the likes of Clifton wright ring rhj cardwell etc etc

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
wiggers
February 4, 2019, 6:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I would be surprised to see Woolford, Collins or Hooper playing for Town next season. Davis, RHJ and Whitmore will hopefully be staying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
fishboyUTM
February 4, 2019, 6:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from friskneymariner

If they're nutters then yes. Let's not go all PC on the Fishy as well. The world has gone mad (pardon the pun).

In answer to the first posters question, I would release JJ Hooper, Whackmore and Woolford. Hooper isn't a league player, Whackmore is decent and aggressive but not great on the floor and I'd look to improve on him.

Danny Collins is a daft age really, but he is classy and a leader through the spine. I'd monitor him towards the end of the season and see how he's feeling. Harry Davis looks a good player but I'd still like to see more from him, RHJ is a no brainer and should be offered a new deal. Wes Thomas is quality but at 32 I would monitor his form. Right now, I'd be offering RHJ terms before other clubs show interest.

We are in a much better position than we have been in recent seasons. It would be easy to offer all the out of contract players deals now, but we should always be looking to improve what we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
friskneymariner
February 4, 2019, 6:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from fishboyUTM

If they're nutters then yes. Let's not go all PC on the Fishy as well. The world has gone mad (pardon the pun).

Nothing about  being P.C. just affording people with a differing opinion to you with respect.No wonder really why people are deserting this board in droves.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2018/19 contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.