Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kristian Dennis signs on loan from Notts County
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 234 Guests

Kristian Dennis signs on loan from Notts County

This thread currently has 26,499 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2019, 1:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from gtfc82
Yes I realise my mistake!!

Easily done. It all seems like yesterday.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 121
monkeyboy
February 1, 2019, 6:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I think Welsh has had a niggly injury for a while but is now pretty much clear, thibnk we will start to see a fair bit more of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 121
Jarmo.Is.God
February 1, 2019, 8:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Whilst the thought of Thomas and Dennis upfront in this league is very good, I don't think people should just forget about Vernam, he is a good player for this league aswell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 121
diehardmariner
February 1, 2019, 8:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,425
Gold Stars: 532
We've just bagged a guy who scored 21 goals in this league last season, in a very very poor side.  Yet some people still don't seem to be happy!

All transfers are a gamble in some respect, you can never judge how something will pan out, but on paper alone this is a fantastic signing.  We lack goals, Dennis scores goals.  Every time I've seen him play he's looked a handful and someone who puts himself about, which fits in very well with the high pressing and energetic style that we're aiming for.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 121
arryarryarry
February 1, 2019, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Just about the same thread as for every other new player or manager.

"He's a great signing / not impressed"

Let's give the guy a chance before we name him the new Amond / Brodie.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 121
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 1, 2019, 10:13am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Whilst the thought of Thomas and Dennis upfront in this league is very good, I don't think people should just forget about Vernam, he is a good player for this league aswell

No doubting Vernam’s natural ability but my concerns over his performances are when he starts how he seemingly drifts totally out of games and rarely in a second half has any positive impact on our attacking play.

Maybe it’s all part of his development and gaining match experience through playing real game time but for me not yet made the impact I was hoping for. Maybe that Embleton is playing in his preferred position just behind the striker so could be next season when his signing will start to bear fruit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 121
Fishy_fishtails
February 1, 2019, 10:19am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete
Pleased with all MJ transfer  work this window,

Can somebody give him a big well done at the question night later.

I agree Pete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 121
toontown
February 1, 2019, 12:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

No doubting Vernam’s natural ability but my concerns over his performances are when he starts how he seemingly drifts totally out of games and rarely in a second half has any positive impact on our attacking play.

Maybe it’s all part of his development and gaining match experience through playing real game time but for me not yet made the impact I was hoping for. Maybe that Embleton is playing in his preferred position just behind the striker so could be next season when his signing will start to bear fruit.

I would think Whitehouse is likely to play in the embleton position next season isn't he, be like a new signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 121
grimsby pete
February 1, 2019, 1:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

I agree Pete.

I nearly spilt my tea then mate. cheers,

Next season will be a good one I am sure.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 121
Posh Harry
February 1, 2019, 6:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from toontown

I would think Whitehouse is likely to play in the embleton position next season isn't he, be like a new signing.

I think he probably will but I hope people don’t get too carried away with the lad and put too much pressure on him.

By the sounds of it he is more of a snapper, in your face hard worker than a playmaker with subtle skills.

He was offered a one year contract with Lincoln and a 2 year with us and would likely get more game time. If Lincoln only offered one year then there is a reason for that. It means the Cowleys didn’t see him as a first team starter. Appreciate he plays in midfield and so might only see the ball flying over his head if he was still with them, but let’s not get our hopes up to high and put him on a pedestal.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 121
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kristian Dennis signs on loan from Notts County

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.