2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
January 29, 2019, 9:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
I'm curious to know who's contract with the club is up in the summer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
January 29, 2019, 10:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Cod Almighty usually keep a fairly good record of contracts based on what is said in the media:

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202

[img]https://puu.sh/CE1VS/540d407a6d.png[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
crusty ole pie
January 29, 2019, 10:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
For the first in recent years looks like we will be starting a new season with a nucleus of players from the previous season no 10 /12 new faces and a month of the season lost while they find their feet
Bodes well for next year utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Nutsy
January 29, 2019, 10:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Danny Collins KEEP
Harry Davis KEEP
Alex Whitmore, KEEP
Reece Hall Johnson,  KEEP
Mitch Rose, KEEP
Martyn Woolford,  KEEP
JJ Hooper.  Unsure
Wes Thomas.  KEEP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Laddy89
January 29, 2019, 10:34am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Think Woolford should be released at the end of this season.
He will be a decent earner and don’t think he gives enough in my opinion.
Collins maybe past it aswell come the summer, again he will be earning a decent wage so I’d like to free up those wages for new players.

JJ Hooper has to go aswell. Clearly a conference footballer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
chrissy
January 29, 2019, 10:49am

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Danny Collins will be 39 and one of the high earners so I would be surprised if he was offered a new deal.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
IlkleyMariner
January 29, 2019, 10:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,983
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Nutsy
Danny Collins KEEP
Harry Davis KEEP
Alex Whitmore, KEEP
Reece Hall Johnson,  KEEP
Mitch Rose, KEEP
Martyn Woolford,  KEEP
JJ Hooper.  Unsure
Wes Thomas.  KEEP

DC no
MW unsure
JJ no
Others agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Hagrid
January 29, 2019, 11:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Purely because of how many drinks he bought me on Saturdaybnight id keep woolford😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
mariner chopper
January 29, 2019, 11:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Davis, Whitmore, RHJ, Wes offer deals

Mitch unsure - his penalties from the bench are great but he's looked bang average when he's started in Centre Mid recently (but Kudos for the right back shifts!)

Collins, Wooford and JJ - thank you for your services and we wish you well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Mighty_Mariner
January 29, 2019, 11:10am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Think Collins will hang his boots up at the end of the season and move into coaching/media.

Here's who I would keep out of the above list:

Harry Davis: Definitely needs retaining, the odd mistake yes but that's why he's a lower league footballer. Excellent defender and in my eyes one of our best centre halves.

Alex Whitmore: Good, no-nonsense, destroyer type centre half. May struggle for regular minutes with Öhman taking up that role in the team. Good option on the bench but think Jolley will be looking to sign a ball-playing, possible left-footed cebtre half to slot in alongside Davis & Öhman

Reece Hall-Johnson: Won't be a huge earner and has really shown his versatility in recent weeks. Being able to play multiple positions is a real bonus. Goos squad player if we can keep him injury free.

Wes Thomas: We've got to be looking at tying him down to another year as soon as possible in my opinion. With the right partner alongside him in this 3-5-2 system, he can be very dangerous. Quick, technically good, great finisher, and experienced and works hard. I get the feeling he'll love on, probably back down south which would be a real shame.

Release:

Mitch Rose: As much as I like Mitch as a player, I can't see him wanting to play a bit-part role for another season, and for me he's not going to dislodge any of the Clifton & Hessenthaler partnership, and with a fully fit Elliot Whitehouse, I can only see a squad place for Mitch. I'd have thought he'd be a high earner so could utilise the money elsewhere.

Martyn Woolford: Love Wooly, but again probably a high earner that can be spent elsewhere on someone having more of an impact. Great player and guy to have around though so wouldn't mind him being retained in the gaffer deemed it so.

JJ Hooper: Looks to have found his level in the conference. Flattered to deceive at Town and the purple patch at the end of last season saved him a little I think. We need better!

John Welsh: Will be a big earner, not getting many minutes at all but great pro to have around the young squad. I'd probably keep him on for that alone but also wouldn't be surprised to see a mutually-agreed termination of his contract.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.