Private Message
Les Brechin
January 28, 2019, 3:50pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
From Pompey OS.

Pompey have signed striker Omar Bogle on loan from Cardiff for the remainder of the season.
The 25-year-old – who spent the first half of the campaign at Birmingham – will wear the number 22 shirt during his time at Fratton Park.
Blues boss Kenny Jackett said: “We’re very pleased to have Omar and he’s someone that we’ve followed from his early days at Grimsby.
“He’s got pace, he’s got power and a strong left-foot to score goals, so I’m looking forward to working with him.
“It strengthens an area of the pitch where we were lacking in options and he makes a good addition to our front line.”
Bogle began his career in the non-league game with Hinckley and Solihull before signing for Grimsby and netting 38 goals in 78 games.
The former England ‘C’ international then had a short stint with Wigan before Cardiff brought him to Wales in the summer of 2017.
Bogle is the third arrival at Pompey during the January transfer window, following the permanent captures of Andy Cannon and Bryn Morris.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Mariner Timsky
January 28, 2019, 3:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Think Lg1 is about his Level

Hope for him he does well with Pompey in their push for promotion either automatic or via the play-off's

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
fishboyUTM
January 28, 2019, 4:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Wish him well. He needs to find a home where he is trusted and the goals will flow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
chipsandgravy
January 28, 2019, 4:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Really hope that this move works out for him. Five clubs since he left Town and only 9 goals. Played for some decent Manager's as well (apart from Posh). Fast becoming a 'nearly man' though.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
marinerdazza
January 28, 2019, 4:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Always thought he left here a bit too early. Hope it gets back on track for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Northbank Mariner
January 28, 2019, 4:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Think Lg1 is about his Level

Hope for him he does well with Pompey in their push for promotion either automatic or via the play-off's

Have to agree with this...He was brilliant for us in non league and the step up to championship seemed a bit too much for him, but that said, if he can find his shooting boots in league 1 and get his confidence back, then maybe he may do a job up there for Pompey, should the get decide to buy him and that they get promoted too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
davmariner
January 28, 2019, 4:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Stunted his own growth by leaving at the first chance - which is understandable given the money on offer. Bad move going to a Wigan team that were in the relegation zone and who were always likely to sack their manager imminently. Good luck to him.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Mariner Timsky
January 28, 2019, 4:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
always and forever a legend

The amount of times I've actually watched the Wembley goals!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
RichMariner
January 28, 2019, 4:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I feel like he needs to go to a club where he'll be guaranteed a run of games.

I think he's a player that thrives when he's told he's their number one striker and will be the first name on the team sheet.

He may have been promised that at Wigan but what can you do when the manager who signed you gets sacked soon after.

He was never going to become a first teamer at Cardiff - too big a leap too soon.

Pompey may play him regularly - who knows? But I have a funny feeling that he'll make little impression there and be looking for a new club in the summer.

Hope I'm wrong. He's a good lad by all accounts and deserves a run somewhere. Certainly got a lot of talent.

I just figure that a team like Walsall, or even (dare I say it) Scunny would be a good move for him at this stage in his career. But if he's getting big bucks at Cardiff and has the chance to earn a decent salary at somewhere like Pompey in what might be the Championship next season then good luck to the fella.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.