6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 1, 2019, 8:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I thought it was interesting and appreciate all who made it happen.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
promotion plaice
February 1, 2019, 9:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Enjoyed that.....anyone heard/know the story about the speakers? (right at the end)  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
promotion plaice
February 1, 2019, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought it was regurgitated pap. Same old questions, to which the replies were always going to be the same. The guy chairing it is no David Dimbleby. Pretty pointless really.

You're starting to sound like a miserable old fart Ginny......I know because I'm becoming one of them myself  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2019, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I “listened” to this from start to finish rather than just pulling the bits out of it that I wanted to hear. How anyone can describe it as “papp” underlines everything that is wrong with the “once geat club” mentality that keeps this board alive and creates the vitriol that at times has held us back.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2019, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Pretty good stuff as far as I was concerned. Showed the dynamic between MJ and AL, stuff about after match commitments and decisions on overnight stays were quite insightful and the Swedish lads were quite amusing. Together with Harry Davis visiting the Sleepover charity event tonight, it’s much better than we have been used to in recent seasons.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
Roast Em Bobby
February 1, 2019, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
I’ve just watched the whole thing and it was great to hear the positivity, work ethic, thought and good planning that MJ and AL are clearly bringing to the club. Regardless of the position we end up in this season, I feel very confident that we are in good hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
ginnywings
February 1, 2019, 10:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I “listened” to this from start to finish rather than just pulling the bits out of it that I wanted to hear. How anyone can describe it as “papp” underlines everything that is wrong with the “once geat club” mentality that keeps this board alive and creates the vitriol that at times has held us back.

'Kin 'ell, really?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
Rik e B
February 1, 2019, 11:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
A bit harsh Herts and at the very least a sweeping generalisation. It's solely down to 'vitriol' we been held back for the past two decades?!

Best shut down The Fishy and watch us catapult into Championship then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2019, 12:31am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I was impressed by that. Yeah the MC went on a bit, but he's a volunteer. The time commitment by MJ and AL and the two players was good. Good move to bring those two in particular along. It gives them a little feel for the club/the fans/the club's place. Clearly a little bit shy speaking in a foreign language (as good as they are at English). And they got a warm reception which can only help.

Impressed as usual by the way MJ conducts himself, and whilst being diplomatic, was honest and gave a bit of insight, always bearing in mind he couldn't give too much away. Got a better feel for the relationship between him and Anthony (who's also impressive as a speaker). Clearly and intelligent, professional and thoughtful pair.

I think we're in good hands.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2019, 12:38am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
PS thanks to the Trust for putting it on, Dale (?) for recording it and to BenBB for sticking it on here and saving me the effort of looking for it.

Oh, and a possible Op Promo type thought, provoked by the question about overnights stays. With a lot of sporting outcomes being affected by small margins, I wonder what sort of cost it would be to put the match day squad and staff up overnight, and how many games where the decision to stay overnight is borderline (Stevenage for example). Thats £X times Y games. How much is £XY? Assuming we don't go up this season, is that a good idea for a crowdfunded for next season?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Q & A with Jolley and Limbrick

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.