Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Coleman - Is he right?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 278 Guests

John Coleman - Is he right?

This thread currently has 1,838 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
malkamalka
January 27, 2019, 2:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 27, 2019, 2:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Moaning about a ref is pointless regardless of how sh!te he may be. No result will be changed even if the sending off was rescinded. There are ways to report poor refereeing and shouting your mouth off ain’t one of them. He’ll get a fine and a ban and nobody will be any better off will they?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Yoda
January 27, 2019, 2:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,946
Gold Stars: 62
Yes totally agree with him between shocking referees and linesman.
Also players diving, rolling about and time wasting.
auou have to ask yourself is it worth 20 pounds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Mariner93er
January 27, 2019, 3:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Looked like a red card to be fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Abdul19
January 27, 2019, 3:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Yeah, I thought it was a definite red too.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
RichMariner
January 27, 2019, 4:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Referees are human. I know someone who officiates matches at a lower level and he says he goes home devastated if he feels he didn't get everything right.

Having said that, I think they shouldn't be allowed to hide away and not justify their decisions. If they make a call on an incident on the pitch then the very least they should be able to do is explain it publicly afterwards.

It's an incredibly tough job but standards won't improve until we get better two-way communication.

I'm very keen to see some ex-pros take their refereeing badges. I think the game would benefit hugely from ex-footballers being referees. None of them choose that path though, and I think we all know why.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Online
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 27, 2019, 4:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from RichMariner
Referees are human. I know someone who officiates matches at a lower level and he says he goes home devastated if he feels he didn't get everything right.

Having said that, I think they shouldn't be allowed to hide away and not justify their decisions. If they make a call on an incident on the pitch then the very least they should be able to do is explain it publicly afterwards.

It's an incredibly tough job but standards won't improve until we get better two-way communication.

I'm very keen to see some ex-pros take their refereeing badges. I think the game would benefit hugely from ex-footballers being referees. None of them choose that path though, and I think we all know why.

I don’t get this communication argument these days. People want to see VAR on the one hand and yet want referees to justify their decisions. Does VAR justify its decisions? No, it is black and white, right or wrong, take it or leave it, no argument. That is actually how it used to be with referees a few years back. However bad the decision was, it was final and the rub of the green was said to even out for teams in the long run. Then we started having this questioning of decisions by idiots pundits on the box and we were into refs having to explain themselves, show the human face, justify themselves. Funny how this has coincided with the fall in reputation of PL refs in the international game.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
fishboyUTM
January 27, 2019, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
I think John Coleman is a vastly experienced, clever and underrated manager. He's chosen his time in the limelight to have a go at the decisions made by refs against his little Accrington side (who are a good side by the way). It hasn't come from nowhere, and the referees in the immediate future will have his words ringing in their heads.

Could Mr Jolley, who is very polite at all times learn something from him? The dark arts are part of the game, any small advantage you can gain can make all the difference. Look at Neil Warnock, he plays the game and the referee is under pressure before he's blown the first whistle.

There aren't too many nice guy managers who have been successful out there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Coleman - Is he right?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.