This thread currently has 1,767 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GYRanger
January 27, 2019, 7:18am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +50
Gold Stars: 1
In no way detracting from a great battling performance yesterday, but did anyone else notice that when RHJ came on after 67 mins he looked like he was blowing out of his bottom within a couple of minutes, just didn't look fit at all.

Youngs Lower, love the view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hameln Mariner
January 27, 2019, 7:23am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Thought exactly the same. There was one attack just after he came on where the ball went into space near the corner and he was so slow going after it that the Dongs player saw him off with ease, Again, not a criticism of RHJ as I'm a big fan but he was off the pace yesterday. I hope he's not carrying an injury as he's a very important player for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 27, 2019, 11:40am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Hameln Mariner
Thought exactly the same. There was one attack just after he came on where the ball went into space near the corner and he was so slow going after it that the Dongs player saw him off with ease, Again, not a criticism of RHJ as I'm a big fan but he was off the pace yesterday. I hope he's not carrying an injury as he's a very important player for us.

Heard DC state on radio commentary for Palace game that RHJ has been carrying a groin injury for a while. Plus when a player first comes on they are rarely in tune with pace of the game etc. Thought after that slow start he helped nullify the threat MK had down right hand side.

Whilst their centre forward missed easy header Russell never had a real save to make all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Bigdog
January 27, 2019, 11:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I thought RHJ covered a lot of ground when he came on and noticing him was a little leggy for a very short period, I put it down to him being nothing more than on the verge of getting his second wind after a lung bursting run or two..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
devs
January 27, 2019, 1:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Thought RHJ was excellent yesterday - but when he blew up chasing for that ball I was gobsmacked!

Relting to this I thought MJ's handling of the tactical side yesterday was great

352 was working well until sending off

Whitemore for Grayson - MJ noticed that Whitmore was better suited to what was happening on the pitch (referred to this on radio interview) - I like how he spent a short while explaining to Grayson why he'd done it... top man management

Welsh for Embleton - experience, tackles, cool head, been there and done it; one iof JW's tackles was fantastic

RHJ for Cook - fresh legs, be a nuisance, stopped their midfield just passing it around for fun

Of course, if you win then everything is tactical genius but top marks for Jolley IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
ginnywings
January 27, 2019, 2:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not sure RHJ was blowing in that run people are referring to. I think he was just in two minds whether he would have made it to the ball before the defender, and was a bit stop start. If he'd gone haring after the ball and not made it, he would have been stranded up the pitch, leaving space in behind. All the players seemed to be operating in a defensive mindset of hanging onto the points and not committing too far forward. I think he was just being cautious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
January 27, 2019, 2:19pm
Guest User
We won!!!!!
Reply: 6 - 7
TAGG
January 27, 2019, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GYRanger
In no way detracting from a great battling performance yesterday, but did anyone else notice that when RHJ came on after 67 mins he looked like he was blowing out of his bottom within a couple of minutes, just didn't look fit at all.

Dear oh dear  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › RHJ

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.