8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
January 27, 2019, 10:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
I’m very happy with Jolley. If he wanted to sign Rhead then he obviously thinks he would do a job for us and that’s good enough for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
pizzzza
January 27, 2019, 10:59am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,688
Gold Stars: 137
I wouldn't be against signing Rhead per se but he just does not fit with MJ's philosophy so cannot see it happening.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
chipsandgravy
January 27, 2019, 11:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,591
Gold Stars: 35
Oh well at least it stops the Omar Bogle annual returning rumour. About as accurate as well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
bawarmy
January 27, 2019, 11:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,953
Gold Stars: 31
Even my missus, who knows very little about football said, ‘we don’t want that fat git here do we’
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
Bigdog
January 27, 2019, 11:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Can't see Rhead fitting MJ's philosophy at all. And seems a bit of a sideways step at best signing a promotion chasing team's ageing reserve if we're looking to be promotion chasing ourselves next season. Much rather would like to see how Ahkeem develops over a number of games than Rhead filling up another striker's spot. Looks like we're going to have a dozen games luxury to experiment and Ahkeem has got a far greater potential performance ceiling than Rhead, and if not Rose, I'd rather we looked at someone else..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
rancido
January 27, 2019, 11:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
This is either a total wind up or somebody just having a laugh. There is no way that MJ would sign that tub of lard. He doesn't fit in with MJ's football style and he would be no good as a basis for a side intent on promotion. I'll stick my neck out here and state that if MJ signs Rhead then I will show my bare ar*e in Cleethorpes Market Place ( and it's not a sight for the squeemish !!!!)

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
bawarmy
January 27, 2019, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,953
Gold Stars: 31
Perhaps if he played for a manager who knows how to conduct himself instead of a crass cockney cockwomble it might make him a better person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2019, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,171
Gold Stars: 233
Don't want Rhead for a minute but, if MJ decides that Thomas needs a target to play off and if Cardwell isn't good enough to be that target and if Rhead is the best option available......only issue is if the shop has got enough triple XL shirts.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
buckstown
January 27, 2019, 12:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ginnywings
I never get this outrage at the thought of us bringing in a player like Rhead, or a manager like Evans. "If we sign player/manager X, i will never set foot in BP again"

We need someone to help at the top of the pitch, and if the manager thinks that is Rhead, then so be it. I'm no fan of his, but if he were to sign for us, then he would be a GTFC player, and would get my support. It's clearly been difficult to find an experienced striker to bring in, and maybe he is one of limited options. If we were to bring him in on a deal to the end of the season and he helped us move up the table, then i'd be ok with that. It's dog eat dog in this league, and before anyone says "yeah, he will eat the dog all by himself, the fat git", just remember that despite his bulk, there is no way he would be a league player if he wasn't fit enough to perform at this level. Sometimes, needs must, and our league status is more important than anything.

Having said all that, i doubt there is any truth in it, but you never know in football.

Will you stop coming on here with your common sense, there's no place for it on the fishy. Can't imagine he would only sign to the end of the season though. Minimum 18 months or there's no benefit to him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
RoboCod
January 27, 2019, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from buckstown

Will you stop coming on here with your common sense, there's no place for it on the fishy. Can't imagine he would only sign to the end of the season though. Minimum 18 months or there's no benefit to him

Common sense? No, it's opinions. Get over yourself.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Rhead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.